"Shit, what'd you mess up, 'Lee?" Raihan huffed, shooting his comrade a glare. Rillaboom made a testy grunt, not liking the attitude. The Gym Leader just smirked.

"They got the drop on us with people disguised as room service. 'Cas almost didn't get away. We need to talk to Rose—now. We need to figure out their plan."

The Gym Leader hummed, "Well, Jenny's still been doing the paperwork, but I think I can convince her since it's an emergency. And if it's the ex-Champ and a multi one... Do you happen to have your Champion card—'Cas', was it? Cute."

"Aww, you're sweet, Raihan. Flattery will only get you everywhere, you know," she chuckled, though couldn't help noting Leon's glare—and the Gym Leader's smirk. She rolled her eyes as she pulled out her card from Johto that had been marked. She made a point to always have it on her for moments like these. "Here. It shows my status."

Leon added with a gesture, "It'll be fine—she's with me, anyways."

"'With you', huh?" Raihan purred and laughed when the purple-haired man shoved him.

"Shut-up."

"Children, please? We need to interrogate a man? And, really, all you need to do is show the League insignia there and that will do it."

"Well aren't you a special fancy one? Right then, follow me, and don't forget to return your Pokemon, mate. Jenny doesn't allow any out in the holding facility besides theirs," Raihan mused, turning on his heel to walk towards the stairwell just ahead. Cassandra waited for Leon, who rolled his eyes again as he recalled his now satisfied Pokemon. She grinned at him, quite enjoying the teasing. It was fun to see someone else get under his skin, although, truth be told, the girlfriend comments did make her heart flutter a bit.

Wishful thinking, of course, but that's what wishing was for.

The Gym Leader led them to the cobbled stone pathway down to the streets below, and she vaguely recalled her stop here to take Raihan on. It hadn't been the easiest battle; she'd worried more than once if she needed to pull Lapras back a few times, but they'd endured until the Dynamax'd Pokemon where they finished things off with strong fighting moves from Lucario. She hadn't stayed long to chat after, though—only traded a few cheeky words with the flirtatious man before moving on. She rued not getting a chance to know him now—he was actually pretty funny, and not bad looking.

But Leon was better.

Again, she shoved that thought back where it belonged.

"You gonna be alright?" Leon inquired as they walked towards the main castle, just past the draw bridge. She glanced up at him with a "hmm?". He motioned to his ears, "Screech effects can last a while on people. And that flight probably didn't help."

"It's not so bad right now. I'll probably just take a pill later if its still acting up. Fuck that Sneasel, though."

"Still can't believe you jumped."

"Well the door was out. Besides, I heard Charizard. I think."

"You thought?!" he hissed, and Raihan paused in whatever he was saying—and they were ignoring—and raised a brow. He rubbed his chin, looking between them.

"Lover's quarrel?"

"Raihan!" Leon rasped, and 'Cas only rolled her eyes to hide a blush. "She's not—."

"Your girlfriend, I know, I know. Still, y'all acting like it. Getting all cozy on Charizard like that. You've never let Sonia ride in your lap," he hummed playfully, turning around with an impish skip to his step.