[ eleven ]

Start from the beginning

"Two days, huh?"

(Y/n) held herself back from sighing once Levi's focus left her figure.

"Why..." Levi's expression became plain as he looked like he pondered over what he was going to say next. (Y/n) had her eyebrows immediately creased in worry for his question.

"I tried to kill you," His monotonal voice echoed throughout the room, "why are you still here?"

(Y/n) takes a deep breath in, choosing the right words to say in her head before talking.

"I... I know you didn't mean to that day. You were confused and angry, and there's no one to blame but myself for that."

The dark-haired male looked at the younger girl sitted by the foot of his bed.

"I should've told you about the two-day vacation I was taking... I got too distracted by something and telling you about it slipped past my mind."

"Fuck that; I still tried to kill you at some point that day," Levi stared at (Y/n)'s face to watch her reaction, "aren't you scared I'll do it again, doctor?"

Levi had the urge to chuckle when he saw her expression slightly change. He was purposely attempting to scare her away because in his opinion, he was growing used to her presence and the incident from the other day proved that fact.

If he simply wanted to know where she is, then he would have taken the substitute nurse's negative answer about (Y/n)'s whereabouts normally. But no, the exact opposite happened.

Even though he was fully aware of what he was doing that day, he didn't stop himself from making that nurse bleed. He didn't regret doing it too since it's been a while since he's done something like that.

And that's what bothered him ever since he woke up.

So basically, he killed someone because he hated the fact that (Y/n) was gone without him knowing?

"Would you do it again, Levi?"

(Y/n) asks in a gentle tone while her gaze was set on the ground. She fiddled with her thumbs as she waited for Levi's answer.

But he didn't know what to say.

"You're not answering." (Y/n) turns and flashes the male a kind smile. "Doesn't that mean something?"

"Silence means 'yes', lady."

"Are you sure it isn't hesitation?"

Levi releases an irritated 'tch' before casting his head to the side. He grits his teeth because of what (Y/n) had made him realize.

He did hesitate.

(Y/n) giggled lightly, making Levi grow more annoyed. With her, and himself as well.

"I know you're not going to do it next time," the doctor stated, "I promise I won't leave you alone like that ever again."

Promise? How shitty, Levi's lips formed a thin line, she's not gonna stick to it in the end like what they all did.

"Tch." Was his only reply.

But what if... Levi's expression slightly brightened while (Y/n) had her attention somewhere else, what if she keeps it?

"Now I'm going to go back to my first question: How are you feeling, Levi?"

A warm feeling erupted from the male's chest after (Y/n) mentioned his name. It had always been like that every time she's with him; how (Y/n) called and talked to him seemed so right in his perspective.

And her smile.

Oh, her precious and beautiful smile that he hated so, so much.

"The usual." Levi snapped himself back to reality and answered his doctor. "You're not feeling any dizziness, nausea, whatsoever?" (Y/n) raised one of her eyebrows as she asked him.

"No."

"We'll have to run more tests on you to be sure you're really okay." (Y/n) stated before she stands up, pulling the granola bar hidden in her lab gown pocket out. She fished out the keys to Levi's chains and freed him from them. Levi remained quiet as he watched (Y/n) move, but once she unlocked his chains, his eyes darted over to her lips.

She was smiling.

For some reason, he wanted to lift his hand up and touch her soft-looking lips. But he resisted the urge to do so.

"I'll accompany you to the medics; eat this while we're walking." (Y/n) fixed her posture and handed the granola bar over to him. Reluctantly, Levi accepted the small gift and spared her face a glance.

Still, she was smiling.

"Come on." (Y/n) nodded her head towards the direction of the door. Levi's expression returned to the usual cold one as he walked behind the psychiatrist. The wardens right outside Cell 30 silently followed after the two once they exited.

Levi quietly trailed behind (Y/n), staring at the back of her head. The granola bar his doctor gave him just stayed in his grasp; he wasn't hungry just yet.

"I promise I won't leave you alone like that ever again."

The corners of Levi's lips twitched upwards upon remembering (Y/n)'s words from a while ago.

ֆɦɛ ɮɛȶȶɛʀ ռօȶ.