1: Sneak Attacks, New Guys, and Art Class

Start from the beginning

            "Hello everyone, I'm Zach Collins." He introduced with a grin and then winked cheekily. The same girls shrieked again, but louder this time, while I sat here, admiring his handsome features. Seems to me like he's got an entire fan base going on there already. I felt his eyes gaze on me, and then he gave me a killer smile that made the girls go weak in the knees. I briskly looked away, trying to escape the awkwardness in the air. I seriously am nervous when it comes to boys. 

          "Okay, you may return to your seat, Zach. Thank you for that nice introduction." Ms. Peterson smiled gently, before asking Zach to sit down again; behind me. My eyes were constantly glued at his pretty boy face, but I knew that I would never stand a chance from hundreds of girls already dying to date him. It was kind of hopeless, plus, I need to focus on my studies. It's senior year for pete's sake! The last thing I would expect myself to do is get involved in such stupid matters.

             He looks cute, though. A voice in my head said. I couldn't blame him for being that cute, I sighed. He's right behind me. Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back, Lucy, I chanted in my head like a weird magical spell. My eyes seemed to have a mind of their own, and looked back at the good looking boy behind me. His coffee-colored eyes looked into my light blue ones, and then he smiled at me warmly. He seems nice. . I think. 

            "Alright. How was everybody's vacation?" Ms. Peterson tucked a strand of blond hair behind her ear and grinned, expecting some volunteers. The class cheered loudly, but soon silenced down when Ms. Peterson hushed them. She seriously is a cool teacher. Most teachers would just get on with the lessons on the first day, but she didn't. We spent an hour talking about each other's vacations, but of course, I never volunteer. Just some of the braggy, rich, and spoiled people shared their oh so wonderful vacation all over the world. Some went to Paris, Europe, some even went to Antartica! It's freakin' cold there. Even I was rich, but I didn't go out of the country on vacations. 

             "That was very nice. Thank you for sharing, Thomas." Ms. Peterson thanks the jock. Thomas is the star quarter back since freshman, he was insanely good; the best. No one could ever beat him at his own game; no one at all. I think about my vacation now, it wasn't that much. My vacation was pretty simple. I mean, hanging out with your friends and lazing around all summer is pretty simple, right? My mom and dad were the busiest those months because their sales were getting bigger at the moment. They don't even have time to rest, to be frank. Having workaholic parents that don't rest is pretty boring.

              "Tomorrow, we start lessons. Class dismissed." Ms. Peterson smiles, leaving the room at once in short, brisk steps. And at the same time she said 'class dismissed', all the girls started swarming around the new guy; Zach Collins. He was like candy, all of the girls were doing googly eyes at him. Of course, he's hot, I bet Stacey's all over him by this time. How cliche. I only took a few minutes to fix all my things and I quickly left the room too, not even glancing one more time at the guy and his now, pesky little minions.

             ~

                  "Omigosh! Have you heard of the hot new guy in class three-one! He's like, so made for me." A short brunnette squeals excitedly at her blond friend, who's also shrieking quite loudly. It's funny; how people say 'he's perfect for me' or 'we were a match made in heaven'. I think it's kind of weird. Because usually, those people aren't even noticed to their so called 'soul mate'.

                   "Duh! He's like, so popular right now. I mean, like, have you seen his six pack? So hot!" The blond replied back, as excited as her brunnette friend is. Why am I even listening to their conversation? I bet they're going to gush about the guy's 'six packs' all day. I shuddered at the thought of it. Finally, I saw Brooke happily walking inside the cafeteria. "Lucy!" She waves at me as soon as her brown eyes saw me.

                "Took you long enough." I muttered, walking beside her right now. She apparently heard this, and nudged my ribs. We sat down on our usual table, starting to eat lunch; Pasta and soup-that-I-don't-know-what-it's-called.

          "So, guess what happened to me this morning!" Brooke grins ear to ear, her smile overstretched. Her mouth would break from doing an enormous smile like that. What's gotten into Ms. HappyPants' trousers this morning?

                   "Uh, you got chased by an extra-terrestrial zombie disguised as a cow that's got a weird hair cut like a mushroom's and let me guess, he loves you very much and wants to marry you and have three kids named Hey, Guess, and What?" I breathed deeply, throwing in all my sarcasticness in that sentence. I think that you should at least make a totally random guess when someone asks you to. It makes the conversation less boring. Yup, I'm probably the most sarcastic person in our bunch of friends. Brooke's the hopeless romantic, Noah's the video game geek, and I'm the sarcasm queen.

                  "Remind me why I asked you again?" Brooke sighs, exsasperated by my beautiful guess.

                  "Because you want a taste of my wonderful sarcasm." I smirked proudly, flipping my light brown hair dramatically, then eating a mouthful of delicious pasta after. Brooke shakes her head, smiling.

                 "Anyways," Brooke narrows her eyes at me, but then softens. "Dean talked to me. He says he wants to hang out with me this weekend." She gushed, acting like those loved-up fifteen year olds. No offense to fifteen year olds, but she's acting like that at the moment. Dean's her long time crush since fifth grade, cutest thing ever. They seriously will make a cute couple.

                      "That's nice." I nodded enthusiastically.

                    "I saw him hanging out with the new guy, you know, Zach Collins? He's in your class so I think you may know him." Brooke brings up the subject of the new guy again. Could I just go on for one day without hearing anybody say 'New Guy' or even 'Zach Collins'? I've heard his name for like a bajillion times today. Not that that's bad or anything. But, you know. 

                      "I definitely saw him today. It's amazing how one guy could instantly be popular by only a few hours," I snickered. "He's sitted behind me, actually." I continued, telling Brooke about my meeting with him. I looked at the next few tables in front of us and saw numerous girls crowding on guess who? Zach Collins. He's insta-popular, if you would ask me. Good looks like that will bound to be popular.

                      He gazes on me once again, and I could feel the awkward air sinking into me again. 

                      What, is there a huge chunk of something disgusting on my face or even a bug?

                      Instead, I rolled my eyes and turned back to Brooke. 

                    "You know, he's still looking at you." Brooke immediately gets what I was looking at back there and nods. This was one of the amazing things about Brooke, she would know what's up in a flash. It's like she's psychic. Heck, if she told me that she was, I would fully believe her without any single doubt. 

                      "I know." Yeah, I feel so badass.

________________________________________

 A/N: So. . . did you guys like it? I hope you did, because I had a very fun time writing this for you guys. Anyways, everybody knows how it goes, right? Please vote, comment, fan, like, whatever floats your boat. I'd really appreciate those. I would love to hear what everyone thinks about this chapter. Maybe even give me some constructive criticism? Sorry if it's short but I hope everyone still enjoyed this chapter of "Who's That Girl?" There are plenty more to come! I would like to thank IsaSecret for the wonderful cover I'm using and thank you very much to AspiringWriter1994! I'm eating BBQ! Toodles!

  xxNina