Chapter Fourty-One

Start from the beginning

It was always the phone, whether it be mine or his.

I sat up, running my hand through my hair. I watched as Dylan answered, Edmund walking over to me and rubbing his nose against my shoulder. "Hey, bud." I softly said, Dylan walking towards the back door and disappearing outside.

Edmund nudged me against, asking me to pet him.

"Alright, okay." I said, running my hand along his back. "You're not happy about leaving, are you?" I asked, scratching behind his ears. "You'll be over with Tyler and Seana so you get to hang out with their dogs. I think that'll be fun."

Not like I expected him to respond, but Edmund only wagged his tail and tilted his head to the side.

I glanced over towards the back decking, seeing Dylan through the curtains with a displeased and equally annoyed look on his face.

"That doesn't look good." I said to Edmund, him sitting next to me with his eyes on his owner. 

 It took him a few minutes longer, a muffled argument leaking through the shut door to the patio, but Dylan finally came back inside. Saying he was annoyed was putting it lightly. Getting up from the floor, I stood up in question of what set him off. "Dyl?"

"I'm going to have to get a different flight to England." Dylan took a moment before speaking. "You should still go since you haven't seen your mom in a while, but I have to go to a shoot that I'm not being let out of."

"And they just told you today?" 

"It's not like it hasn't happened before." He pushed his fingers through his hair, "I'm sorry, Gen. I'll call the airline and re-book one of the tickets."

"It's okay." Dylan put his phone back into his pocket, "How long do you have to stay here?"

"About a day I think, maybe two. He didn't tell me." He grabbed my hand, "I was supposed to have the entire time off but he sprung the photo shoot on me."

"Are you sure you don’t want me to stay with you?" I walked to him, my hand in his. "My mum would understand."

"I know you miss being there. I see it sometimes, even if you say you love it here." He put his arms around my waist, looking down at me.

"I do love being here. I love being with you."

"I know, but you can love England too." He smiled, "It's not going to hurt my feelings."

"Just make sure you tell me when your flight comes in. I'll come pick you up."

"I'll call them now." Dylan kissed me, stealing two more before letting go of me and leaving the living room.

I smiled, moving my hand through my hair as I glanced down to Edmund and the look he was giving me. "Don't give me that look. You have to share him."

Edmund barked lightly, turning before trotting out of the room after Dylan.

"I see how it is." I offendedly said, sitting down on the sofa and grabbing my laptop. "Okay, Mandarin. Mandarin, let's write this bitch." I let out an important sounding sigh as I cracked my knuckles. "I can do this without being distracted." 

Getting down roughly a sentence, my mobile started shaking on the seat next to me.

If I hadn't been more focused on trying to ignore the ringtone, I would've been able to tell that my eye was twitching. 

When the call dropped after four rings, I only got ten seconds of peace before it started again.

I grabbed my phone harshly before answering it. "What?"