homecoming

It's been four incredible years since my old group's contract ended and now here I am working with some of the people who oppressed me for so long. It makes me sick thinking of going through those doors to make more money for this awful company even though I swore I'd never do it again. So many bad experiences yet I come back, selfless as always Rosé. One would think after years of mistreatment and a triumphant escape that I would never look back, but here I am heading to YG Entertainment. I'm praying I avoid the inescapable propositions that these meetings always held. I'm tapping my foot and practically digging my nails into the leather seats while the car's stereo is playing a ballad by Mitski. The similarity between the layer of snow and this corporate environment painted a monochrome scene. I feel like I'm being driven to a funeral right now and the world feels so bland. This trip has been nerve-wracking and I'm so damn cold.

As my manager and I pull towards the building, I'm reminded of all the stress and confusion I was put through whenever I had a discussion with the higher-ups. This morning I'm here for the first time since Blackpink's re-sign offer in 2021. I can already feel a pit in my stomach and my throat closing up as I barely release a thanks to my manager for leading me out of the car. Thankfully, I'm not working out a long term deal with this company again. I'm just having a meeting with some staff and G-Dragon, this time he's going to be the feature on my album instead of the other way around. It feels great to have a supportive label that treats me like an artist and a human being.

As we make our way through the halls we're brought into this awfully lit, large room with nothing but a long table and chairs in it. Rooms like these instantly made every meeting so bleak even if it involved good news. It feels like the artists and the interior decoration were both treated poorly. I really can't believe this is where new idols are taken first. There were a few new higher-ups here and some familiar faces, including a few who held me back. The woman who used to be in charge of viral-marketing was here, she was the strongest opponent of my solo's release. The reason my solo was so delayed a few years ago was due to me not being marketable enough, or so she said. She seemed a bit remorseful for the way things were handled in the past and I could tell she was sorry by the way she smiled at me. She vouched a lot for me at this meeting but I haven't fully let go of how damaging that whole ordeal was for me.

Thankfully the meeting was over within an hour and there weren't any awkward contract proposals after we got the okay on the feature. Once my manager and the others finished up with all the paperwork we were ready to be on our way. I'm just glad they're allowing me to release music as well as let their own talent do the same. I'm such a nervous wreck, I was overthinking what to say to G-Dragon so I was only able to deliver a weak-ass handshake. He's such a legend so it shocks me that YG let him work with P Nation and myself. I have to be grateful to everyone around me for putting up with my constant uneasiness.

I told my manager I had to make a quick stop at the restroom. I don't really need to go, but I have to take a moment alone with the mirror and come back down to earth. This used to be tradition when I would get stressed out at meetings or practice sessions. I kind of missed this spot despite it just being an ordinary office building restroom. The warm water runs through my hands as I take a deep breath. Once I finished washing my hands and left the bathroom I walked past one of the old practice rooms. I really took all the years I spent here becoming who I am today for granted. Although training was hell and choreography is always hectic, I really miss the girls and all the fun we had here. I try my best to stay in contact with everyone but we're all so busy with our own crazy schedules and adult lives. Things just aren't the same for any of us anymore, the girls are all pretty successful but... I let out a sigh while tapping the white tiles with the tip of my boot. While I'm staring at the ground I hear the elevator doors open along with a familiar voice.

"Rosie?"

I tilt my head up and see a very sweaty Lisa with her eyes wide open. My heart dropped. Lalisa Manoban with her forehead glistening, and her hair tied up in a bun. Even with her stray hairs on her damp forehead she looks incredible, this awful lighting can't even defy her. My thoughts are taking over so it takes me a couple seconds to spit any words out.

"Oh my god, Lisa I- what are you doing here?"

How could I be so stupid? I was so caught up worrying about the meeting with G-Dragon that I forgot that she's almost always at the office. She's the same beautiful Lisa but she's giving off an entirely different vibe from that girl I met all those years ago.

She laughs a bit as she walks towards me and follows up with "Did you already forget I work here or did you come just to see me?"

She's messing with me like we're still best friends or something, I really should have expected her to act like this. I'm jealous of Lisa's nonchalance sometimes but it's aggravating when I want to be serious with her. The elevator closes behind her and she smirks at me just like she always did.

-------------------------------------

happy birthday rosé!

thank you for reading! this is the first of probably 10 long chapters and i hope you like the story, it's been a lot of work to revise and a personal challenge to do creative writing haha. despite the challenges it's been really fun. the next chapter will be a look into the past in which these two met for the first time, anyone remember where that was?

i'm gonna start writing chapter 2 asap but please let me know if anyone's interested, i'd love to hear feedback!