Initiation

The next day Arnie arrives at the bar on time. James quickly rushes him to the back of the bar. They step on some kind of elevator that leads deep underground. James paces back and forth as they descend deeper, "Is something that matter" Arnie breaks the silence. "Yeah kind of, we are a bit late. The other members hate when I'm late and they scold me."

"Aren't you their leader, why are you so stressed."

"I am, but I hate when they scold me it makes me uncomfortable." James checks his watch as the door opens. They step out into a dimly lit corridor. "What is this some kind of medieval castle?"

James grabs Arnie by the wrist. "No time for questions." James leads Arnie down the corridor passing through the corridor. They come to a stop at a door label initiation room.

"This is your last chance to quit if you're having second thoughts."

"I'm ready." With that answer, James pushes the door open. 

Compared to the corridor this room is clad in a sleek white finish. The room is structured like a pit there are sits situated high above. Three out of five seats are occupied.

"Your late again." An Asian looking woman with straight black hair and amber eyes sits elegantly in the first seat.

"He did the same thing with me Kira are you surprised." Another woman with bright yellow hair pulled into a ponytail and stark blue eyes sits. 

The last person is someone Arnie's is already acquainted, Raiyo.

"Well let's not waste time. This is Arnie I am bringing him before you for your approval of him. Starting with Kira what is your answer?"

Kira looks Arnie up and down and smiles. "He pretty cute let's give him a chance."

Arnie's cheeks turn a pinkish hue as he looks away.

"Kira you should take this more seriously. Otherwise, we could be stuck with him for a long time." Raiyo stares Arnie down.

"You should know better than to tell me how to evaluate an initiate. You short hobbit." Kira sneers at Raiyo.

"Alright, Alright continuing on" James breaks the tension. "Ronnie does Arnie have your approval."

A long moment of silence passes before the silence is broken. "I will accept him if he can answer one question." Ronnies' gaze meets Arnie's, "What is your purpose in being here?"

Arnie thinks for a moment. "So far I've been attacked twice in the past few days. As scary as it was it's also exciting. I'm tired of my boring sad life and I'm tired of being weak."

A wild cackle erupts from Ronnie. "That was so sentimental hopefully you can achieve those goals." Ronnie doubles over in her chair.

James face palms himself. "Alright, finally Raiyo how about you."

Raiyo stands and jumps from the sitting area to the ground. "I'll only accept him if he can beat me."

Arnie looks to James. "Are you serious?"

James shrugs his shoulders. "Everyone is free to evaluate you in there own way."

James steps away opens a door on the sidewall of the pit and reappears in one of the seats above. "Alright you may begin" he announces from above.

Raiyo immediately charges Arnie. He barely ducks below the path of the first. Another fist connects with Arnie's stomach and he falls to his knees. Vomit escapes Arnie's mouth.