The thing opened its mouth to reveal fangs. Kind of like the vampires girls screech over. I still don't understand why they like mythical creatures more than actual beings. I mean, I understand going crazy after a supermodel but not the supernatural. I just-

"Well, welcome to the under-realm. I'm here to tell you that you are now dead and I have a choice for you." A deep and rumbling voice cut me off from my thoughts.

"A choice?" I managed to squeak out from my parched throat and frozen tongue.

"Yes, either you can stay here and 'live' here peacefully or I can send you back to Earth and help you get revenge on the ones who killed you. If you pick the former, you will have a nice mansion and plenty of food but you'll turn into a demon to do our errands. If you choose the latter, you will be revived, but you have to at least kill the one who killed you. If you fail to do so in the three months we give you, you will be summoned back here and still become a demon, but if you do manage to kill the boy, you will be sent to heaven. Think carefully over this choice, for it will affect your future greatly." The creature then decided to leave me to my own devices.

Of course I will choose the latter, I'm still pretty ticked over the fact that I was killed by classmates for no obvious reason!

" Have you made your choice yet, Jack?" The demon, appearing out of thin air asked. Seemingly upset that he had to deal with something.

"I choose to go after the one who mercilessly killed me." I said, fully confidant of what I was saying.

The demon, if that is what it is, seemed to agree with my choices as he nodded his head. "Then farewell, Jack. Good luck, you're going to need it." The demon snapped it's fingers and soon, everything went black once again.

-:-:-:-:-:-

It's been a month since I have woken back up. Woken right back up at the place I died at. The red bricks still crusted with my blood, now a brown color because of the oxygenation of the iron in the blood. When I woke up, it's already been two weeks from my death. I didn't learn that until I decided to go to my house only to be yelled at by my own mother, saying that I wasn't real and how I was six feet under. That I was a product of her grief by losing her only, and beloved son just a couple of weeks ago.

To live on your own and try to figure out who it was exactly that stabbed you, was extremely harsh on your mental state. Sometimes I would find myself back at the red bricked ally to find clues or in a place I don't even recognize or know how I got there.

Walking along the streets I once called home, I remembered an important clue. The knife. The white, translucent handle with a silver blade, about five inches long.

Hearing my stomach growl, I was reminded that I need to eat but then my gut decided to turn it's back on me and stabbed me with hunger. Falling to the sidewalk, I don't even remember passing out.

-:-:-:-:-:-

Slowly peeling my eyes open once more, I find myself, once again, in a room I don't recognize. This time though, I seem to be in a girls room.

White walls covered in posters about an anime called My Hero Academia, where in almost every one, there's a young boy with green curly hair and overly-large eyes with four freckles underneath in a diamond shape. A pile of books in chairs and all over the room with a dresser to the left of me and a wall to the right. I'm covered in soft, fluffy blankets and in front of me, a giant shelf filled to the brim with stuffed animals and toys. I'm on the bed that was strategically placed in the far corner of the room to give optimal space for the person to maneuver around the small bedroom. Looking back over to the dresser,no notice about twenty hats covering the top of the thing with a lamp and two pictures. One seemed to be a girl, probably just finished high school and very pretty with long brown hair and kind chocolate eyes. The other picture was one made with other pictures. They showed a young girl, seven, maybe eight years old, in a dance costume. Two solo pictures, both showing the girl but with different outfits on. One bright yellow and the other a dark blue and black ballet dress. The other two were class pictures. The girl was in the middle both times because it looked like she was taller than the other girls.

Sitting up, off the bed produced a large creaking noise that caused the door to burst open after five seconds later.

A girl, the same one from the dance photos, but clearly older now, fifteen, maybe sixteen with short brown hair, brown kind eyes, flustered cheeks and glasses resting upon her short but protruding nose. The flustered girl, red from probably rushing to see if I was awake, looked a lot like the other girl, the one in the frame, maybe they were cousins. Opening her mouth, she blurted out, "Are you okay? I found you on the sidewalk, passes out from starvation! I brought you to my house, I hope you don't mind. Here, let me get you some food!" Then she rushed off.

About ten minutes later, she came back with chicken noodle soup and a few pieces of bread. "Try to eat slowly so your body has time to get used to the idea of food again. Oh, and, can you tell me your name? My name is Gwen."

"Jack" I responded quietly. I have always been nervous but this girl makes me very relaxed so I put up my guard.

"Nice to meet you Jack! Is there anything else I can do for you?"

An idea popped into my head. "Umm, do you know someone with a white translucent switchblade with a silver blade?" I asked nervously. Seeming to ponder the question, it took about thirty seconds to remember the knife.

"Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh" she pulled the word out. "There is a guy on the football team named Jason who loves to show off that exact blade!" Gwen exclaimed, proud of herself to remember the thing and to be able to help out.

"Do you know where he is right now?"

"Yeah, right now he is at football practice because school just let out ten minutes befor you woke up. It ends in fifteen minutes, though."

And with that I bolted out the door with a very quick thank you. When I was out on her driveway, I heard her yell from her window, "Glad I could help!" And then I was too far to hear the rest.

I quickly made my way to the school to see the players about to leave the building. So I decided to quickly write a note to all the football players to meet behind the school to the red-brick ally, and I waited.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

After five minutes of waiting, they showed up. Many of them seemed surprised that I was there, while others looked confused out of their minds.

"Who here is Jason?" I asked before any of them could speak. Slowly, the crowd turned and singled out a guy with blonde hair, ice for eyes and baby cheeks.

"I thought I killed you, you freak!" Jason yelled at my face while approaching with a raised fist. I simply stalked forward and I felt my nails grow longer, up to ten inches.

And I simply shish-kabobed him through the heart. The blood flowing freely down my elongated nails and arm. Ripping my hand out of his abdomen, the blood splattered across the walls that also had my blood.

Falling to his knees, Jason started to choke on his blood. His last words where, "you damned freak!" Before he bled out and died. It was kind of poetic that the Murderer was killed right where he killed his own victim and died by the hand of the one he had slain.

*TRIGGER END*

Feeling satisfied, I felt all of my energy drain and I myself fell to my knees and disappeared.

-:-:-:-:-:-

"So, you're back already? You did it in a month and a half. A new record, it was right to choose you as my champion..."