Can't Tell Me Nothing

The next day at school, Maddie hangs out with Maya. She tells her that her sister, Katie likes soccer and wants to get on the national Team. This will get Katie a spot at Stanford University, where she's always wanted to go. "Wow!" says Maddie. 
"Yeah. That was her dream ever since she was six. Today are the tryouts for her and I hope she makes team. Katie is also Degrassi's school president. Her VP  her best friend Marisol. I hope she plans something fun this year." 
"Yeah, I'm hoping for some fun this year." 
"So, what sort of things does your sister like?" says Maya. 
"Well, my sister likes swimming. She started at the age of three and is very good. Olivia is on the National Swim Team and competes in swim meets. When she was a freshmen and sophomore, she was on the Degrassi swim team. She's the best on the team," says Maddie. 
"Cool. That sounds nice." 
"What about you? What are your hobbies?" Maddie asks Maya. 
"I'm obsessed with music. I can play every instrument, literally," replies Maya. 
"Oh yeah, which ones?" 
"I can play the cello, guitar, and piano. I'm learning how to play the trumpet. And I also sing," she says. 
"Amazing!" 
"I've written some of my own music. It's fun. I like doing it." 
"That's incredible. I don't have a talent," Maddie says.
They are in the halls and walk passed a sign that says: Coffee House come all Wednesday 4:00. 
"Ooh. I guess we were right. Wanna go to the Coffee House." 
"Sure madame." They start laughing. They are being silly. 
"Hey," says Katie as she walks up, "Are you gonna come?" 
"Yes," replies Maya, "When's your soccer tryout?" 
"At 4:30, so I've got a few hours to get ready," she says as Marisol, her BFF, comes up behind her. 
"Ready?" she asks Katie. 
"Yeah. Gotta go. See you at home Maya." Katie and Marisol walk away. 

At the lockers, Jenna is rummaging through her things. Papers and books are falling out of her locker. "Where is it? Where is it?" 
"Woah, Jenna calm down," says Olivia. 
"Sorry. I just can't find my song book," says Jenna. 
"You might have left it at KC's-" 
"Don't, say that. I thought I wouldn't have to see him again. Now I have to see and talk to him. I'm not doing it." 
"Well then, you won't get your song book back." 
"I guess I'll do it, just for my book." Jenna leaves. 
Clare comes up. 
"Hey." 
"Why was Jenna so down?" she asks. 
"She needs her song book back and that requires talking to KC," replies Olivia. 
"Oh. You know me and Jake have been going out for a while," Clare starts and Olivia nods, "He wants to have sex with me." 
"Oh my. You've never done it before." 
"Yes, I know and I'm not quite ready. I made Jake take a survey, but he didn't take it seriously. I don't know when I'lll ever be ready," says Clare. 
"Did you tell him that you're not ready?" asks Olivia. 
"Yeah, but he didn't listen." 
"You should talk to him tonight. 
"I will, thanks." 

The next day, Maddie and Maya see Katie and Marisol in the halls.

"Katie's looks really excited," says Maddie, "Did she get the call from the team?" 
"Yes and she's in for round two at the tryouts," replies Maya.

"That's amazing."

Tori and Tristan pass them in the halls, Tristan seems upset for some reason.

"We were vlogging yesterday about West Drive and you blew me off for Zig. You're spending more time with him than me. I thought we were going to sing our song for the Coffee House, but you want to make it a trio instead of a duet," says Tristan.

"Tris, come on. I have a boyfriend and I'm supposed to hang out with him. I do spend some time with you," replies Tori. 
"Maddie," says Maya, "Let's go. I don't want to be dragged into all this." 
Maddie and Maya leave, so they don't have to get into the discussion. 
"Fine, I can write him something for Zig that'll go along with our song." They leave for class.

After class, Olivia is at her locker. Eli walks up and puts his arm around Olivia's shoulder. 
They have a small kiss. 
"What's up?" asks Olivia. 
"You know Fiona?" Eli starts. 
"Yeah, the girl that helped you with the play last year and redoubled 12th grade," replies Olivia. 
http://popculturewithkyle.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/fiona-coyne.jpg 
"She's trying to set me up with Imogen."