5. It's decision time!

"Dianne. I've just seen your email. Call me as soon as you can - Steve".

Dianne nervously laughed as she read the message her manager sent across aloud to Joe. Joe squeezed her hand supportively, "You've got this D-Buzz". Dianne smiled back, and began to call her manager back.

"Hey Steve. I see you got my email.......Yes I understand. Yep........Mm-hm.....yep.....exactly. Perfect. Yeah i'll speak to you soon. Thanks for this....ok, Bye!". Dianne placed the phone down on the bed next to her and looked up at Joe, a grin on her face. "I guess that's it! Steve has okayed the statement. He's going to send it through to the producers now. All we need to do is decide on when to announce it publicly. I think maybe after live tour? Like Pasha did a few years back.".

Joe nodded, agreeing. Pasha had left Strictly in 2019, after reaching the final alongside Joe and Dianne, announcing it before touring with the Pro tour 2019. Whilst it was sad and unexpected, it made sense, and it gave the fans the opportunity to get used to it before the Strictly season starts. They didn't know it at the time, but Pasha was about to become a father for the first time, and wanted to spend more time with his family, much like Dianne did now. Whilst Dianne wasn't planning to take part in any of the tours this year due to their upcoming wedding and the planning came with it, it made sense to make an announcement sooner rather than later. Dianne was one of the more popular Pro dancers on the show and it was going to be a massive shock to the fans as well as her fellow dancers.

"I'm so proud of you, Dot. And I love you so much. This is a big move you are making and I can't wait to see what is instore for us!". Dianne pouted, becoming emotional all of a sudden. "Joseph, you're gonna make me cry!" Dianne wiped her eyes before changing the subject abruptly. "I think the jetlag has finally hit me. I feel so tired I actually feel a little sick! I'm going to turn in for the night. You joining?" Dianne asked as she set about changing into her pyjamas, and readying the room for the night. "Sure. let me go get us a glass of water, brush my teeth and we can cuddle."

By the time Joe had returned, with a glass of water in each hand, Dianne was already fast asleep, curled on her side and cuddled up to Joe's pillow. Joe quietly placed the water down on the bedside table, pulled the blankets up and over Dianne, and kissed her forehead gently, before climbing in next to her. In her sleep, Dianne moved closer, placing her hand on Joes chest and tangling their legs together.

"Goodnight, Little one"

The Next Step (Joe and Dianne fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें