If glanced at Chuck, who was looking down at his plate. "Um, yeah, that's fine."

Alby clapped his hands together. "It's settled then. Newt, show her to the showers."

"I'll wait till she's done eating," Newt told Alby, nodding toward my plate, which was still half full. "Wouldn't want her passing out from hunger, right Alby?" He winked and Alby just shook his head, walking away.

"If I hear she was accidentally thrown off the Cliff or somethin', I'll skin you alive!" Alby called behind his shoulder, obviously joking. He was so much more different around Newt that it almost made me feel bad for how I had treated him.

"I won't let that happen," Newt promised. He then turned to me. "Eat up, Dyl. Gotta shower before it's workin' time."

I nearly groaned aloud. Minho had talked to me about my jobs last night; how could I have forgotten?

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot." Newt opened his palm and handed me a small blue pill. "For the pain. Med-jacks gave it to me to give to you."

I took it from him. "Thank you, Newt."

I quickly finished the now lukewarm pancakes and downed the water with the pill before bidding goodbye for now to Chuck and Thomas.

Trailing closely behind Newt, it didn't take me long to realize we were headed in the direction of the Box. One of the doors was closed and the other was open, like people were using it but didn't want to open it all the way.

"What're we doing over here?" I asked.

"Supplies came," Newt replied, tugging the second door open with a grunt, "and there's some stuff for ya."

Newt hopped carefully down into the Box, listing the things as he grabbed them. "We've got a hairbrush, some hair ties, clothes, shoes, even shampoo and conditioner, jeez-"

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

No, they couldn't have- oh my God, they did. And Newt was just centimeters away from grabbing them, whether he realized what they were or not.

"Newt!" I shrieked, hoping to divert his attention away from the supplies. He nearly dropped all the things he was holding in surprise and quickly turned to face me.

"What's wrong?"

I didn't even have time to swoon because I was sure my face was turning redder by the second and I had absolutely no time to waste whatsoever. Pointing to some random person by the fields, I told Newt, "I think I just heard them call your name."

"Okay," he said, "Let me just finish getting the stu--"

"No!" I squeaked, my face turning pink. I jumped down into the Box without thinking, which was a really bad idea because it was quite a far drop and I almost broke my ankle. But alas, I made it, and I dashed to the corner, grabbing the packages and stuffing them under my shirt before Newt could see. He was very confused.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Are you okay? Your face is flushed. We should get going."

"Yeah," I agreed, my voice about ten octaves higher than usual. I cleared my throat. "Yeah, let's-let's do that. Let's go."

Newt was still very perplexed but I didn't plan on telling him why I was acting this way anytime soon.

But hey, at least whoever sent us here had the decency to send period supplies.

With Newt's help, I managed to climb (rather ungracefully, might I add) out of the Box, waiting as he heaved himself out before walking alongside him toward the Homestead.