Chapter 1: It's Only The Beginning

As Rey and Ben held each other in each others arms, everyone in the resistance was making an emergency escape off Exegol. The planet was shaking. Ready to explode at any moment. Rey released her grip from Ben and grabbed his hand leading him to his ship. 

"We have to go! This planet can explode at any given moment!" She shouts as they run to her ship. They load up and in a hurry make a quick escape, Exegol exploding into pieces behind them. Ben looked over his shoulder to see Rey struggling with the controls and giggled.

"Don't laugh at me. I've never flown a ship like this before."

"Don't worry about it. You've got this. Lets just get back to the resistance base."

"Aren't you worried about what people might say?"

"I am... but I cant let it bother me. People might still see me as an enemy but I know you don't. That's all that matters to me right now."

"Ben... promise me you won't let your anger take over you again. People are going to say horrible things about you... but you cant let your anger over power you anymore."

"I promise..."

They arrive at the resistance base and land the ship. Rey gets out with Ben and pulls him out of view from everyone and tells him to try his best to stay calm.

"People are going to look at you weird so you must stay calm... I'll be right next to you."

As Rey walks out to see those who have survived the final battle, Ben stayed back, hiding by his ship. Rey was greeted by Poe with a big hug then by Finn with a huge hug and smiles all around. Rey looked around looking for Ben and saw him walking where Leia had her final moments. Ben walked around to room looking at everything that used to belong to his mother. He felt ashamed he wasn't with her all these years. He was ashamed he killed his father for someone he once looked up to as a leader. He glanced over at the bed where Leia was laying and saw only her dress. He knew she was gone forever. He removed the blanket and held on to his mothers clothing, letting his tears soak up into the fabric. As Ben let his tears fall, he was suddenly shocked by something touching his shoulder. He was too afraid to look up but he wasn't going to let fear stop him. He slowly turned his head and saw a hand on his shoulder. But it wasn't from a living person. He turned around completely and saw his mothers force ghost, standing there smiling.

"Ben, you've come a long way." Leia says.

"Mother I'm so sorry... I tried my hardest not to let my soul be taken by the dark side... I was in so much pain. I didn't know what else to do. I felt betrayed when you sent me away.. I-"

"Ben... all that matters now is you are who I've always wanted you to be. I know it was hard for you to do the things you did... But now you need to let go of all that. It's in the past."

He looks up at her with sad eyes and wipes away his tears. He felt another presence close by but couldn't tell what or who it was. It was not another Jedi. He looks behind his mother and sees someone he never thought he could. Han Solo. 

"D...Dad? I'm so sorry I-"

"Ben it's alright. We both knew what had to be done. I'm just glad to see my son again."

With tears in his eyes again, he smiles and thanks his parents for accepting his apology. He glance over at the doorway and saw Rey standing there smiling at him. He motions for her to come over to him and grabs her hand and holds it. Han and Leia smile at Rey and Ben and wish them a happy time together. Leia and Han fade away leaving Rey and Ben alone. They sit on the bed together and start talking about what their next plan is.

"So... where are we going to go now?" Ben asks.

"I don't know... I was thinking we could stay here for a while till we figured something out. You have to meet everyone. Once they get to know the real you they will-"