Chapter Seven: Knowing

Comenzar desde el principio

On their way to transfiguration, Blaise had been annoying Draco with thousands of questions for several days now since their last hang out with Hermione, but Draco still refused to talk about it. Every time his friends would ask where he'd been, he always answered even if it wasn't the truth, but two weeks ago, when they asked he didn't answer even utter a word.

"Draco, you know you can't hide anything from me, " Blaise said. "Whatever you're hiding, I'll eventually find out."

"What are you talking about? " Draco said, a bit of annoyance in his voice.

"Shut up and stop acting innocent, " Blaise scowled. "You returned to the dorm late and you refused to tell us where you've been."

"So?" Draco cocked his eyebrows.

"You never return late without me or Theo, even Goyle, " Blaise explained, he gave Draco a sideways glance, "Unless you're seeing someone,"

"Of course not!" Draco almost immediately answered. "Can't I just go out and be alone at night?"

"You looked a little flushed, " Blaise teased. "I was kidding, " He shooked his head. Draco had been acting strangely for a while, sometimes he would find him smiling all by himself as he reads his textbooks, or when he lingers on the hallway for too long as if waiting for someone to pass by, he even stopped flirting back to other girls, which made his friend curious. "So you are fancying someone, " He said in realization.
Draco couldn't utter a word, the pink colour on his cheeks was revealed, he was paralyzed for a moment, seeing Draco flustered made Blaise laugh, hard.

"I'm not fancying someone, " Draco scowled.

"I can't believe it, " Blaise continued to laugh, hysterically. "The world has gone mad, look at what that girl did to you. " He saw the red colour radiating on Draco,'s cheeks, he continued to laugh in a fit of laughter. Draco shook his head in disbelief, he couldn't believe his friend was acting like a git. "Shut up,"

"Who's the girl?" Blaise had a big grin plastered on his face, as he tried to stop himself from chuckling even more.

"No one, because there isn't'!" He hissed. But Blaise just shook his head and smirked. They heard footsteps nearing them, Pansy was clutching her textbooks to her chest, walking from the other end of the hallway on her way to their class.

"What's going on?" She asked with her brow raised as they were approaching. She must have seen the goofy look on Blaise and Draco's irritated face.

"Nothing, " Both boys replied in unison. The three entered the room and saw that it was almost packed. Hermione saw the blond boy and her mood was ruined, he and Blaise were seated at her right side, on the second row. Draco was staring at her awkwardly from the conversation they had with Blaise, he felt the room getting warmer by the minute.
Hermione instinctively spun her head and made eye contact with the git, fuming with rage she turned back and decided to never ever turn around. Blaise looked at both of them questioningly. First at Hermione and then at Draco, but Draco just pretended to look innocent in order not to raise any suspicions. Blaise was no idiot, he knew exactly what was happening.

"You--" Blaise started. But Draco immediately shushed him and kicked his foot from below the desk.

"Oww!" He wailed in pain while Draco glared at him to shut it.

Professor McGonagall strode in front of the class with her usual tight bun and black and emerald robes. She began by greeting them and her speech before the actual lecture. Everyone listened carefully and scribbled some notes, Draco didn't do anything, he sat there with his sweat trickling. Blaise kept glancing at Hermione and Draco with disbelief. Hermione, on the other hand, had no idea what had occurred but she kept sneaking sideways glare at Draco every time she had an opportunity. Pansy with her girl instincts suspected that something was going on because of Blaise and Draco's expression. Everyone had different reactions, it was hard for the three Slytherins to concentrate and listen to the class.

"Shut it, Blaise." Draco hissed in a low voice so that no one can hear, "It's not what you think it is."

"Then why did you kick my foot?" He said in a harsh whisper, they started to argue in a hushed tone. Hermione tried to concentrate but the voices of Draco and Blaise bothered her.

"Quite, both of you." Hermione barked, her head over her shoulders. Draco had this annoyed look and Blaise looked Like he couldn't speak at all. Professor McGonagall noticed the commotion with the three. "There will be no talking in my class, " McGonagall reminded, she turned her eyes towards Draco and then at Hermione with a bizarre look. It made Pansy more curious than ever but before she can even ask, the school bell rang for their dismissal. A huge wave of relief washed over Draco, he stood up from his desk and grabbed his stuff with the others, he walked briskly and although wantingly but accidentally bumped Hermione on her shoulder as he was passing by. She flinched and closed her eyes in frustration, what a git, she mumbled to herself.

I decided to post this today, because why not?
Check out my new published story, just updated the first chapter. I hope you'll like it! 👇👇

(Check it out for more description!)