March 23-Abril 4 20XX

Well, the case was just closed. The research I did was in vain as the murderer was captured. He was attempting to kidnap another young woman in a parking garage, but there happened to be an off duty officer was able to stop him and call in back up. The man, named Thomas Grey, confessed to the kidnap and murder of Jessica. When they brought him in, he seemed really jumpy. He told my supervisor and a colleague that he embalmed her face to make her stay young. This claim didn't add up to me. 1. She was missing for a while, if she died before her reappearance, there would be more decay on her organs than what the autopsy stated. 2. If she died more recently and was embalmed, she wouldn't look at youthful as she does.
I spoke to my colleague, who is also on this case, and told this to him. He brushed these facts off and said that he just confessed and is going to prison anyway for attempted kidnapping and now for murder due to his confession. I don't know how I feel about him just brushing it off without a second thought, but I can't do anything about it now.
=
Ever since the case of Jessica Malorie, something about it just doesn't sit right. And it's still on her never aged body. I've been digging more into past cases, all almost ending in the same way. Some body that has been missing for several years (long enough that someone would have visibly aged) shows up in the middle of nowhere, shows no immediate signs of decay, and the murderer is found confessing to the murder, and the murderer acts off. What is it that makes these bodies so youthful after all those years of being gone? I tried requesting to see Mr. Grey, all were denied since it was a closed case. I just want answers that make sense! Is that so difficult?! My wife's been saying I'm getting too obsessed with the details of the case and should let it go, but I just can't. My oldest daughter, Evie, is having her college graduation this May on the 6th. I just thought I should write it down, case I forget. I still remember her first day of kindergarten, she was so excited while her mom and I were crying in the parking lot of the school. I love my little girl.
=
Evie called me, crying that she was in a car accident and was being taken to the hospital. I never drove so fast to the hospital in my life, except the two other times my wife was in labor with Evie then her younger sister Jasmine two years later. When I got there, I went to her room and saw my little girl hooked up to three different machines. I went to her side and she told me what happened through tears. She was hanging out with some friend at their house, studying. When she left, she was taking a back road to her college campus when, something, was standing in the middle of the road. She swerved and the car spun out of control, eventually rolling. She cries more as she tells me she didn't have her seatbelt on and was thrown from the car and landed on her back. In that moment, my heart dropped. She said she couldn't feel her legs and later a doctor confirmed that she was paralyzed from the waist down. My daughter, my little girl, would never walk again...