False Truth

Midoriya Izuku is quirkless.

But he isn't.

Both him and Inko prefer that he be known as quirkless. It's safer for him.

But they can never avoid the truth of what really happened that day.

-----------------

"Shitty Deku." Bakugou cursed under his breath, his hands popping with explosions as the heat seared his back. His quirk was powerful alright, but because of his sweat, he never really did well under all the heat. Not being able to use his quirk in lessons, all the sweat was just accumulating on his palms until they were dismissed, where Bakugou would run to the roof to blow it all up.

Midoriya was his friend.

Or not really.

He was quirkless. Bakugou didn't need a friend that was useless and powerless. And Midoriya was weird. He spaced out sometimes, staring into space during lessons, while eating, all the time. He looked uncomfortable in his own body.

Bakugou couldn't blame him for that. He would be uncomfortable in a quirkless body too.

But that wasn't the problem. Midoriya always acted like the body wasn't his own. And that kinda freaked Bakugou out. Just a little. Just because it was weird and abnormal.

Everyone knew that Midoriya Izuku was quirkless.

And Midoriya was glad.

-----------------

Midoriya just stared into space again, and the teacher sighed. He couldn't do much, it was written on his medical records, and Inko had specifically said that this happened sometimes. As long as he was passing in school, the teacher didn't care.

He didn't want to, anyway.

Midoriya just stared at the board blankly, as the two beings in his head argued.

"Algebra doesn't work like that, Miku."

"Shut it, Tani. Just cause you're smarter doesn't mean you can lecture me."

"You need to know. It's basic stuff."

Akatani howled, "Algebra is not basic!"

Mikumo snorted, "Wait until you get the differentiation and integration."

The teacher started handing out the worksheets, and Mikumo stared at the worksheet, before picking up the pen. "Watch and learn. This is how you do it."

Akatani just watched on as Mikumo made legible scrawls on the paper, with a's and b's and c's and square roots and finding the roots of the equation and everything Mikumo saying making no sense at all to the other.

"You're still confused." Mikumo laughed, shoving Akatani, who just hissed and shoved back.

The teacher didn't say a word as Midoriya put his head on the desk.

As long as he did his work, he didn't care.

-----------------

"Any potential interesting examinees?" Aizawa asked, sifting through a couple of papers.

"Well... do you count the recommendation students?" Kayama asked.

"No. Just examinees."

"Well... I saw a kid with a brainwashing quirk. Won't do well against robots but maybe he'll get a few rescue points?"

"Here. A quirkless one." Kan turned a piece of paper around, showing a boy with green eyes and green fluffy hair, smiling at the camera. "Midoriya Izuku."