I try to ignore the butterflies in my stomach by turning to look out the window.

*•*•*

"We're here."

My eyes open and I look around. Drew is already at my door, opening it for me. I take his hand and he helps me out of the car.

"What is this place?" I ask, putting my hand above my eyes to shield the sun.

"Pinewood Lake," Drew says, then he opens the backseat and pulls out a cooler.

My eyes widen and I take in the surroundings. There are pine trees all around us in this parking lot. I can't see any further, but there's a pathway that I assume leads to the lake.

He holds the cooler in one hand and holds mine in the other. We walk carefully down the dirt path towards the sound of water. When we get to the bottom, Drew lays down a blanket in a shaded area. He places the cooler down on it, and we sit side by side on it.

"This is much better than math class," I say with a smile.

"You haven't even seen the best part yet," Drew says with a grin.

I look at him suspiciously, tilting my head to the side.

He opens the cooler and pulls out two gallons of ice cream buried in ice cubes.

"No way," I laugh, shaking my head.

"Oh yeah," he nods. "Which one do you want? I've got Butterfinger or chocolate fudge."

"Butterfinger, for sure!" I exclaim, taking the gallon from him.

"Oh, crap. I forgot spoons," Drew says, laughing.

I raise my eyebrows. "Really? Well I'm fine eating this with my hands."

"I was kidding. Take a spoon," he pulls out a plastic one and gives it to me. "But it's great to know you would go that far to eat that."

"Yeah, what are you, trying to get me fat?" I ask, shoving a spoonful into my mouth.

"I don't think you could if you tried," Drew smiles.

"I'm pretty sure I could, but thanks for being polite," I shake my head.

We sit silently, eating bites of our ice cream for a while. I think of how before yesterday, this would be considered an only friends thing. Is this still an only friends thing? Are we still considered only friends. I don't know.

"I think I want to jump in the lake," Drew announces.

"What? Are you crazy?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

"It would be fun," Drew shrugs.

"Fun? In November?" I ask, shaking my head and putting down the ice cream.

"It would be fun. I'm going in," Drew says, then he stands up. I watch in disbelief as he turns to wink at me before jumping into the water in full clothes.

After a few moments, comes up, laughing. "It's not bad. You should join me."

"No way!" I exclaim, shaking my head. "I'd rather not get pneumonia..."

"It's really not even cold," Drew says. "Come on."

I don't know whether it's the fact that he's convincing or I'm just crazy, but I do end up jumping. Immediately I'm drenched in freezing cold water. I come up for air, shivering from the cold.

"You're such a liar!" I yell, turning around to find Drew laughing.

"Come here," he holds out his arms.