Chapter 8

The rest of the lunch was built upon playful banter and teasing. These bunch were great fun but I did feel kind of like an outsider at times given that they had numerous inside jokes that I obviously hadn't understood.

After a few hours of joy they started to leave one by one. Then it came down to Louis, me and of course the couple of the year. Her existence was a nuisance even though she had not done anything. She was one of those people that a person dislikes just for the sole purpose of existence. I wasn't the only one that thought so either Louis kept on sending me these amused glances whenever she did something weird. Which let's admit it, hands down, was every time she opened those damned overly lipstick stained lips of hers.

And oh God here she goes again. "Baby" I don't think I'll ever get why she had to drag it out. "Stop it" she was telling, more like purring, at Harry to stop talking with Louis about some deep crap about the economy. She had been attempting to  put something into the conversation but of coarse her intellect was not up to scale. I however, was scrolling through my phone and any feed available on all the social network I was on.

I would have been out of there, but I wouldn't be that cruel to my dear friend Louis Tomlinson seated next to me currently stifling his chuckles at the scene of an overly bratty female throwing herself over  her boyfriend that seemed to be torn between being pleased by the attention and being uncomfortable with the action.

"Well we're off. It was a good get together Harry thank you for having us over man" Louis announced standing up and yanking me with him. I stood next to him confused but soon I had myself sorted and ready to go.

"What where are you guys going? " Harry was fast to stand to his feet unconsciously pushing Beth to the side lightly. Of course she was beyond offended even though he had barely done anything to her. That made Louis stifle a chuckle while still grabbing on the hem of my sleeve like some little elementary kid.

"I-I gotta get home." I said. "Uhm, I've got a thing." Louis had said that in a rushed way dragging me towards the foyer while I giggled at his actions.

"Is it an Eleanor thing?" and now Harry was teasing him as Louis swung the door open with me still in tow. At the sound of that Louis froze up for a second trying to get his mouth to work with him spitting out a "W-What? No No." then hurriedly walking down the pathway.

Harry was laughing now while Miss Beth was nowhere to be seen. "Alright you two enjoy your 'things'." Quoting the word to piss him off even more.

And for the second time since Harry had moved into this house he was flipped off on his front lawn. This time by a flustered Louis though. He soon let go of my sleeve, putting his hand on the small of my back and made a bee-line to his car, opening the passenger door for me, then quickly strapping himself into the drivers seat.

"I didn't even know I was going with you."

"Yeah well now you are." Almost mocking me.

After a few minutes of driving I suddenly remembered, "Where do you think Beth went?"

"Probably searching his  drawers, robbing him of his money."

***

"Sorry, they were starting to get on my nerves and I couldn't handle seeing him lie to himself any longer." He puffed out a troubled breath and slumped into his lounge chair.

"It's okay. I only stayed there because I didn't want you to be all alone there" I told him while getting comfortable on the lounge chair opposite his, settling my purse on the coffee table between us. He had driven us to this little coffee house I had never been to before claiming it was his 'breather' location. The Harry-Beth situation clearly taking a toll on him though I didn't get the entire story as to why it was as bad as he made it out to be.

"So Mar." He started.

"Oh great he's told you about it?" feigning annoyance to get him out of his funk.

"of coarse he tells me everything. I'm his other brain. Also Know about the way he asked you if you had a boyfriend which in my opinion was complete crap. First he's got a girlfriend, second that was by far the cheesiest way to do it."

"I know." My voice getting high pitched at the end of my words emphasizing my concurrence with his statement.

He grinned at me, lifting his hand signaling a passing waitress over to him.

She came over smiling obviously recognizing him and asked Louis what he wanted.

"I'll have the usual Elle When do I not?" rhetorically of coarse making a little giggle emit from her. "Maria here will have the same as well. Oh and two chocolate chip muffins this time." He continued to smile at her even when she had walked away nearly making it half the way to the counter before turning around and looking at Louis with red tinted cheeks. Weird but adorable.

'Elle' was back with two scorching hot mugs and the muffins Louis had asked for.

"Thank you Eleanor." He had told her as she set them down.

"Anytime Lou." Leaving our table shortly after.

"It's The Eleanor isn't it?" I talked with a knowing smile.

"Shut up." Almost like a child he hid his face in the palms of his hands trying to do anything but not looking at me whatsoever.

"Aww it's the actual crushy wushy. I feel honered that i got to meet her today. Oh my goodness have any of the boys met her. Did I win at life?" Obviously faking some enthusiasim but nevertheless teasing him because honestly she seems like a nice girl. "Here I'll see if she can sit with us."

"No you lunatic you're just like him. Oh God lower your hand Maria please." I was flailing my arm in the air trying to catch Elle's attention. When she saw me she smiled a little making her way over and in turn making Louis resume hiding in his hands.

"Just like who?"

"Just like Harry." He deadpanned.

"Hey Elle Can you sit with us?"

"Oh uhm, I-I" glancing back and forth between me and Louis before looking at her watch. "I guess I can one minute though." Swiftly going back to where she came from.

"I'm getting rid of-." His menacing sentence was cut short by Eleanor taking a seat on the third lounge chair.

"Getting rid of what?" She looked at him asking the innocent question.

"He's getting rid of that ugly sweater he's wearing. Green is so last season." I mocked him poshly.

"No I'm getting rid of her not the sweater it's nice I like this sweater." He argued.

"No worries with getting rid of me. I'm catching a cab home. Enjoy it you two." I grabbed my belongings and sped to the main entrance leaving a baffled Louis and a lost Elle sitting at the same table.

***

"Mum I'm home."

"No she went out."

"Harry, how did you get in here and why are you here in the first place?" He was standing against the door frame with his arms crossed over his chest his face emotionless.

"Well Maria."

***

I've been reading my previous a/ns and I feel stupid so here's to a really late update and stuff