020 :::: it's ( finally ) christmas

Start from the beginning

.   .   .

[ james' pov. ]

.   .   .

As his eyes focused, he realized that Y/N was in front of him in her pajamas with a case of bedhead, but she still looked cute as ever. If anything, she was even more adorable.

James sat up, smiling at the beauty that was Y/N, his sheets slipping off of him to reveal his bare chest.

.   .   .

[ your pov. ]

.   .   .

Your eyes widened and an inexplicable blush settled onto your cheeks as you saw James' abs yet again, hot as ever. You cleared your throat awkwardly, averting your eyes.

"Um, James, it's Christmas." You said plainly. "I was saying to wake up... and now you're awake... so..."

"Oh. Well. Merry Christmas, Y/N." He smiled, giving you a bare-chested hug that left you momentarily shocked, and hopping out of bed and grabbing a shirt from who-knows-where, hiding those beautiful, gorgeous abs of his. Erm... yeah. There was no denying that they were handsome, and so was he.

The two of you made your way downstairs to the others. "Got 'em," you grinned to the group as a whole.

"Merry Christmas, everyone." James said.

Marlene yawned boredly. "Yeah yeah, it's Christmas, I get it. Let's open the presents!"

You laughed. "That's Marlene for you."

Marlene made her way to the tree, the group following, and she started to sort through the presents, tossing away any that didn't have her name on it. When she finally found one, she smiled.

"Ooh, from Lily." She lightly shook the box, placing her ear to it, trying to see if she could guess it based on the sound alone.

She unwrapped the neat wrapping paper, ripping it all away, and found a book. At first, she frowned, until she read the title. Her whole face lit up.

"A cook book!" She announced excitedly to the group. "And a muggle one, too! I can't wait to try some of these! Thank you thank you thank you!"

Marlene embraced Lily into a tight hug. "It was nothing, really—"

"Nothing? This is awesome! Thank you!" She said once again, before clearing her throat. "Anyways, I probably shouldn't of just, y'know, dived in."

Remus laughed. "That's ok."

"Phew."

Sirius reaches underneath the tree and pulled out a present. Everyone sort of gave him a look, until he handed it to Lily, who blushed.

Sirius scratched the back of his neck in his apprehension. Lily giggled as she opened the present, curious to see what was inside. She gasped once she saw what was underneath the cover.

"What is it?" You asked, hopping from foot to foot like a child on Christmas day.

Lily didn't respond, but instead lifted up the piece of parchment with a smile. The group awed in time after they finished reading it.

"A free hair day coupon," Remus said, nodding, "smart."

Lily wrapped Sirius into a tight hug, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I love it!"