Chapter 1

A/N- trigger warning: mention of depression and a s*icide attempt.

Addiction, a reliance on something. Needing it so incredibly bad that nothing else matters. Everyone has had at least one addiction in their life, whether it be a certain food, a blanket, or even a smell. Ashton's addiction just so happens to be Michael Clifford.

The boy with emerald green eyes that shimmered in the sunlight, the best thing, the person, in the entire universe. To Ashton, without Michael, there'd be no point in living. There'd be no video game interesting enough to take his mind off of the black pit in his heart where Michael should be.

Michael literally held Ashton's life in his hands, and everybody knew it was unfair, but he didn't mind. The ruggedly handsome yet lanky dyed redhead was a lifeline, like Ashton's heart would give in if he weren't there.

Michael Clifford had Ashton wrapped around his finger, without even trying. Ashton would die for the pale boy. Would take a bullet for him. Even lose sleep for him, if it were needed.

He had never felt something quite so strong, before he met Michael. It was fate, and it led to the honey blonde man's deadly addiction to Michael Clifford. An addiction with the ability to be so incredibly fatal, leaving two men bound together. A dependency only two hearts beating at the same time could understand, leaving hazel eyes full of tears, whether be from happiness or sadness.

An addiction Ashton knew he'd never be rid of, Michael Clifford. The pale boy who stole his heart when they were only eleven, with a simple kiss on the cheek to cheer him up when bullies left him with tears on his cheeks. The green eyed angel who protected him from pain and hurt when he was outed to the entire school without permission.

Michael had saved his life both literally and figuratively several times. When Ashton had reached the darkest lows of his depression and held his mother's gun to his temple and Michael talked him down with the sweetest of words and calmest of voices, later holding and shushing him when he begged of it. And when Michael smiled at him so wide it made Ashton's heart beat stronger then ever before, leaving the older man speechless and begging for the words to describe just how he felt about the boy with perfectly crooked teeth and unruly hair. Michael Clifford was the definition of perfection.

Word Count: 403.