I rubbed my temples as we walked out of the gym.

"Man I'm tired- this whole breathing and concentrating business sucked" Ezra groaned. I nodded in agreement. Thomas was rubbing his head.

"Maybe if we go rest for awhile" Thomas yawned. "Studying always helps" Thomas smiled at us. I went up to my room instead of following them. I passed out as soon as I laid down on my bed.

I didn't sleep. I felt like I was in a dream-like state. I knew that I was awake but at the same time I was resting.

I sat up in my bed slightly disoriented. I could hear Ezra and Thomas talking. I looked around my room. I shook my head slightly and I laid back down. I took a deep breath and was able to fall asleep.

I went to the boys room they were both fast asleep. I rubbed my head trying to remember their conversation. I could recall bits and pieces of it. I would have to ask them later. I made my way downstairs. I could hear Ares somewhere outside. It was starting to snow slightly.

"Iris" I heard Brenda. I heard a soft breeze as Ares took off.

"Hey" I turned to her. I wrapped my coat around myself.

"What are you doing out here?" she asked me. She took a seat next to me.

"I just needed some fresh air" I could see Ares hiding in the forest. His eyes were glittering. "I was about to head back inside"

"So I forgot to tell you, we are having a party for Second Series students. You should come, Tobey is coming too. Bring Ezra and Thomas"

"Maybe" I shrugged. Byron would probably be there with Shelby.

"Think about it" she nudged me slightly. "It will be fun and it might help you forget about that guy. There will be plenty of fish there"

I couldn't help laughing. It was a nice of her to try to make me feel better.

"Thanks. I might go" I told her. As soon a she was gone, Ares appeared. He hunted for a few more hours. He scavenged the grounds for mice. Once he was done, he headed for the boys dormitories.

I arrived to find the boys getting ready for the party.

"Who told you about it?" I asked them. Ezra turned me and he held out his arms.

"When are you going to stop questioning my abilities?" Ezra winked at me.

"Yes you look handsome" I shook my head at him. I took a seat on the trunk in front of Thomas bed. Thomas was adjusting his shirt. He turned to me as well. "You do too"

"Don't you want to go" Ezra turned back to the mirror.

"Yes and no" I answered. I shrugged slightly. I did want to go but I didn't want to see Byron. His new girlfriend would be all over him. Then again, I didn't want to mope around. I had to get used to the idea that they would be together. I would eventually see them together.

"Let me go get ready" I sighed heavily.

I searched my entire closet looking for the right dress. I was going to make sure I at least looked good despite the fact that we were broken up. I settled on a silky black dress with a small cut-out on the front. I put on some dark lipstick. I settled on some black heels.

I stared in the mirror with a small smile.

"You can be my date" Ezra held out his arm. I took it. Thomas had a date. They were already at the party.

"Who are you trying to impress?" Ezra lifted an eyebrow. They weren't joking when they said it was a basement party.

"Nobody" I answered.