『ᴋᴏᴜ ᴍɪɴᴀᴍᴏᴛᴏ: ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6』

"Exorcise me, eh? I don't think you can pull it off." Hanako grinned as he stopped the umbrella by holding onto it.

In return, Minamoto smirked at him, "You don't, do you?"

The sound of lightning crashes down on Hanako's hand, "Well, too bad Hanako." The crackling and zaps that came from the staff weakened Hanako significantly, his eyes looking at his hand in shock.

"Ngh!" He staggered forward before falling to the ground, Yashiro calling out his name and running towards him. You glared at the young boy in anger, these were your first friends in thousands of years and this is how he treats them.

"This is an anti-evil artifact that has been handed down through my family for generations—the Raiteijou!" He grinned happily as he bragged about his weapon's power, "it's a spirit staff that turns its user spirit energy into demon-vanquishing lightning that zaps evil!"

Hanako groaned on the floor from the pain, looking up at Minamoto who pointed the staff at him, "and you touched it with your bare hands! You must be pretty dense and stupid!"

Raising his staff to prepare for a swift stab, he shouted: "It's over!" Hanako trembled underneath him while Yashiro screamed in horror.

The clashing of steel and gold weapons echoed, Hanako's eyes widening at the sight of you holding out your scissors to protect him. You still had one hand on your fan, covering your face while the other one is shaking against Minamoto's staff. Your face expressed anger as both weapons began to falter due to the pressure being used against each other.

"O-Oi! Miss!"

You narrowed your eyes at him, "shut up." You deflected his staff and charged at him.

"Damn spirits. . . You-!" Minamoto grits his teeth as he tries to match your speed. "You must be the Kuchisake-onna! Why are you here with Hanako?!"

Your scissors glided against the staff each time he tried to hit you, your movements dancing around the poor boy to avoid any fatal contact with the weapon. "That name isn't for me, it's Jiyuu now! The name that Hanako gave me!"

Minamoto yelped as you ran towards him while deflecting his staff, the metals sliding against each other with a spark.

You drew back a fist and punched him across the face. "Don't you ever call him stupid!"

"Please stop you two!" Yashiro cried out, pulling you away from the small boy while you growled. "Neither of them did anything wrong! Why are you attacking them?!"

"Who even are you?!" Minamoto shouted from the floor. He caressed his bruised cheek while staring at the group.

"Yashiro Nene! A first-year in the high school division. I'm Hanako-kun and Jiyuu-chan's assistant and friend!" She scowled (albeit in a cute way) "If you do anything mean to either of them, I'll get really mad!"

"Huh?! You don't even understand what they are!" Minamoto quickly got up from the floor, "they're evil spirits that need to be exorcised!"

"They're not bad spirits! Hanako-kun saved my life!" Yashiro argued, pulling both her arms to her chest to calm her fast-beating heart.

Minamoto grabbed onto her shoulders tightly, "Are you nuts-er, you got it all wrong miss!" He looked into Yashiro's eyes and spoke in a serious tone.

"They're not just any supernatural. It took all of my grandmother's strength to seal away Hanako-san of the bathroom. He's really a diabolical evil spirit!"