Need You Now

"Need You Now"     -Lady Antebellum

*♥*

Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause
I can't fight it anymore

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

I flipped through my sketchbook and ripped out page after page. Each was a perfect drawing of Tony. Each one a different memory.

The face he makes when he's just solved a difficult problem. The way he furrows his eyebrows when he's thinking. His innocent smile when he's done something to Bruce. His adorable pout when he's called short.

I finally threw the empty book across the room and put my face in my hands. I couldn't take it anymore. He consumed my thoughts. I glanced at the clock.

1:15am

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

I got up and grabbed the phone, punching in the numbers that I knew so well. Tony had wanted to give me a Stark phone but I was more comfortable with a landline.

I wiped my eyes and sat down on my bed, pulling my knees up to my chest. I'm losing control. I need him now.

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

Tony's POV

My emotions were numb. The alcohol always did that.

I kept watching the door. I knew that it was wishful thinking. Steve wasn't coming. He wouldn't walk through that door. He told me he was done.

Another shot of whiskey
Can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping
In the way you did before

He's probably already found someone else. He probably doesn't even think of me anymore. Not as much as I thought of him, at least.

I could feel myself losing all control. I need him. He was the one who could pull me together when I fell apart. I am nothing without him.

And I wonder if I
Ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time

"JARVIS," I rasped. "Call Steve."

"Sir, are you sure?" JARVIS asked. "You told me..."

"I know what I said," I snapped. "Just... Please."

"Sir," JARVIS stated. "I am not sure what happened but the call didn't go through."

"Try again," I begged. Tears slid down my cheeks. I had thought that I couldn't cry anymore.

It's a quarter after one
I'm a little drunk
And I need you now
Said I wouldn't call
But I've lost all control
And I need you now

"Tony?" Steve's voice asked.

"Steve," I whispered, the tears coming harder. I must have been hearing things.

"Turn around."

And I don't know how
I can do without
I just need you now

I turned and stared at him. He stared back at me and his eyes were rimmed with red. I threw myself into his arms and sobbed into his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tightly.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed.

"Me too," he whispered. "I know we aren't good for each other but I don't want to feel nothing. I would rather hurt than that."

Whoa, whoa
Guess I'd rather hurt
Than feel nothing at all

"I love you," I muttered. "Don't leave. I need you."

He tilted my face up and kissed me gently.

"I love you, too," he said. "I don't plan on going anywhere again."

It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone
And I need you now
And I said I wouldn't call
But I'm a little drunk
And I need you now

Oh baby, I need you now