"Found it!" (y/n) beamed with pride as she found the perfect kimono. "Now to get ready!" The young girl was so excited as she got ready for her date.

-----------

Zenitsu's leg bounces wildly in anticipation.

He couldn't believe it, but he actually had a date with a really cute girl. He doesn't remember much of that night when he supposedly saved her. All he remembers is that one moment he stumbled upon her about to be devoured, and the next she was in his arms with no demon in sight.

He couldn't believe that she actually was considering his proposal on the condition that they go on a date first.

He was so happy!

"Zenitsu!" A voice called. He turned his head to see his date smiling at him as she walked over. Her (f/c) kimono making her look even more radiant than she did when he met her. "Sorry to make you wait so long." She apologized with a bow.

"N-n-no! Don't apologize! You're worth the wait." He smiled nervously at the beautiful girl in front of him. Her face turned bright red in response.

"T-that's really sweet of you to say..." He could actually feel his heart stopping from cuteness overload. How is one girl allowed to be so cute and beautiful at the same time?! "Shall we go?" She asked, interrupting his train of thought.

"S-sure!"

The two walked around the village enjoying the sights and sounds of the world around them. They got to know more about each other and shared some laughs. Zenitsu shined brighter than the sun in (y/n)'s eyes. The way he smiled and laughed with her made her feel...good...like a normal girl. She felt like she belonged, like she finally had a place to call home.

Their dates went on like that for the rest of Zenitsu's stay in her village. She would sneak out everyday to meet him and walk around the village. Each time they tried new foods and saw new things.

However, her father had gotten suspicious and decided to send the servants to look after her on Zenitsu's last day in the village.

The two had sat on a small bench near a tea house. They were chatting up a storm, their faces lit up with bright smiles.

"Oh, it's getting late." Zenitsu said as he saw the sun begin to set. "I-it's not safe to be outside at night, you never know what's out there! I'll walk you home-!" She always walked on her own even though he offered to walk her home everyday. He wanted to show her that he could be brave and protect her.

"No!" The girl protested suddenly. Zenitsu looked at her surprised by her outburst. "I-I mean...it's no problem, really. I can walk home on my own-"

"Lady (y/n)!"

The girl's eyes widened as she turned to see the head bodyguard running toward her. He stopped right in front of the young lady of the house. She glared at the bodyguard with so much hatred that he should've died on the spot.

"Suzuki...what are you doing here..."

"Y-your father has been worried sick about you!" He stated, trying not to back down.

"(y-y/n)-chan, who is this guy?" Zenitsu asked, expecting the worst. He already had a woman he loved, use him to pay her husband's debts. He thought (y/n) was different. He thought she cared about him.

The young girl sighed and turned to her person of interest. Her eyes looked so ashamed and upset.

'Here it comes...' He thought, bracing for the line that would break his heart.

"He's...my bodyguard..."

Zenitsu paused when he heard that.

"W-what?" He stammered, still trying to process what she just said.