Chapter 1: Into a New School

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." they all replied.

"We haven't met her." the dude with fluffy hair said.

"Well, Skyla, I'd like to introduce you to Beck and Jade."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both." I shyly said.

The girl, who I assumed was Jade, gave me a once over and nodded at me, "Cute top, where'd you get it?"

"Oh! A little hippie store at the mall, Earthbound. They have locations across the country. I got this from my aunt in Ohio. She loves their store."

"I like it, the cold shoulders are cute." she monotonously said.

"Thanks! Your outfit is to die for." I complimented.

She looked at me with confusion, "Really?"

"Yeah! Though, I do recommend that if you wanna add a little more, maybe a belt that has a silver chain. It would totally pull it together while also adding a little bit of metallic to the entire aesthetic."

Everyone gave me a shocked look, I started getting anxious and shifted from foot to foot, as Tori and I haven't sat down yet.

"Sorry." I quickly said.

"No no! You're okay," Jade said, "I'm just surprised that you know a lot about fashion."

I shrugged, "I get it from my aunts, they're all about fashion and interior design. They know their stuff."

Jade gave me a half smile as Tori and I finally sat down, "Your shoe's untied."

"What?"

"For the sake of saving you from embarrassment, bend down and pretend like you're tying your shoelace." she muttered to me.

I did what she said, when I sat up, everyone was glaring in a direction behind me. I turned around to see a fuming Nadia.

"She tried throwing her lunch at you." Beck bluntly said.

"I know she's egotistical and everything, but why does Dia have a vendetta against you?" Andre asked.

"She thinks I 'stole her spotlight' during the showcase last week." I sighed.

"So the girl loses her voice and you step in for her, and she's mad at you?" Jade asked.

"That's stupid." Tori said.

"Well I-" I started, before getting interrupted by Nadia.

Now let me describe Nadia. She was a beautiful girl. Tall, skinny, long dark brown hair, hazel eyes that looked like honey, perfectly shaped eyebrows, and her fashion sense was killer. She dressed like she was a Korean model. Her eyes were perfectly almond shaped and her makeup looked so natural on her.

She was a literal beauty and I felt like filth next to her. She knew that.

"Why are you even here?" Nadia spat.

I sighed and didn't reply. Whenever I got caught in a fight with Nadia, it was best to just be quiet and let her rip me a new one, even if I was in the right.

"You shouldn't even be here, Skyla! You aren't talented. You're nothing. You performed my song at the showcase and you didn't even thank me for letting you sing it!"

"Hold up, hold up. Letting her sing your song?" Andre asked, not believing a single word Nadia was saying.

"Yes! I let her sing my song." Nadia sneered.

"No you didn't." Tori argued, "You lost your voice. You couldn't sing at all, you could barely speak."

"So what?" Nadia sassed.