chapter 1

My Hope  5 months ago  "Whoa. Who's that" Landon said as he pointed to the Brunette girl. Josie the girl Ryan's been crushing on "that's the girl I've been telling you about" said Ryan thinking that he's brother would again steal the girl not that Ryan owned her. Ryan went and to get some coffee while he saw Landon approaching Josie "no not again" he said to himself. Ryan told Landon that he doesn't like Josie anymore last week and today he just found out that they started dating he went to the gym punching the punching bag so hard it almost broke. He was really angry, and his brother once again got the girl, of course, he said to himself. He got really angry he had a breakdown. After his father saw him having a breakdown again he sent him away to another school where Landon didn't study at the Salvatore school but since it was summer he sent him first to New Orleans since Ryan loved it there he spent his summer there.

One summer night Ryan was walking around the park when he saw a girl crying he came up to her and said, "hey miss are you okay?" "No, I'm not," she said "boy trouble?" "Yeah kind of. It's about my dad. By the way i
m Hope, Hope Marshall" " hi Hope I'm Ryan Clarke," he said as he wiped Hopes tears he saw an ice cream truck coming their way "want some ice cream my treat?" "Sure" she and Ryan finished their ice cream before they talked " you know you look prettier when you're not crying" "thank you," she said as she smiled. That was the very first time she ever smiled after her father died, thinking of the memory tears started pouring in her face "hey its ok" Ryan said while wiping Hopes eyes "is it okay if you take me home?" hope asked "sure" Ryan said as he walked hope to his car "where do you live" "I live near Roseau's" " Eddie please drive us to miss Hopes house thank you" as they droved there hope said, "can I have your number" "sure" he gave it without hesitating even if hopes a stranger to Ryan he felt like he knows her in a way he'd never understand. Ryan dropped her off but Hope wanted to show him their house so she opened the door and gave Ryan a tour, he saw an easel at her room so he knew that hope likes to paint hoped walked him out and said goodbye but before she could open the door He kissed her on the cheek "until we see each other again Hope" Ryan said as he happily opened the door of his car. While hope was listening to music while looking at her window she remembered Ryan.