There was a glamorously dressed young lady alone in the main hall. Bai Qian guessed she was from the celestial tribe based on her outfit. The young lady preened as soon as she noticed Bai Qian's presence then performed what was barely a head bob in greeting. Bai Qian would have smiled except she was still too tired from spending the entire night helping Zhe Yan brew pills for Mo Yuan.

"Greetings sister" the young lady said

"Young immortal" Bai Qian began "I have no sisters nor any wish to be called sister"

"Su Jin apologizes" the young lady said with a face that showed more disgust than remorse "I am Immortal Princess Su Jin" She finished straightening her back even further as she said her name and title.

Bai Qian decided she was in the mood for mischief and smiled back at the other woman "Greetings Immortal Princess Su Jin" she responded without introducing herself and watched as the other woman struggled to find a response to that. Catching herself before she got too carried away with the drama she was about to unroll, she continued "Do you know where Mo Yuan and Zhe Yan are? Or really any of the senior disciples?"

"Su Jin does not know. Su Jin only knows where Crown Prince Ye Hua went."

"Oh, Ye Hua is here? Wh..."

"Su Jin came with Ye Hua"

Bai Qian rolled her eyes mentally. It seemed she was not going to get an answer soon enough so she might as well go with the flow "So Su Jin is from the celestial tribe?"

"Yes. Su Jin is the goddaughter of the Skylord and soon to be married to Ye Hua"

"Congratulations, that explains ..."

"Xiao Wu, you're finally here" Zhe Yan said as he entered the main hall followed by Ye Hua

"Says the person who kept me up all night" She retorted, moving away from Su Jin towards both men

"Please consider the phrasing of your words, I would like to leave here on my own two feet" Zhe Yan said after a quick glance at Ye Hua

"Old Phoenix, are you suffering from sleep deprivation? You're not making sense" She replied "Where is Shifu?"

"Appreciating the results of your skill and effort." Zhe Yan replied

"Ye Hua thanks Bai Qian for making Da Ge's medicine" Ye Hua said with a bow, drawing attention to himself. He'd been watching the exchange between the two and it was interesting as always. Bai Qian had good relationships with most people she bothered to have a relationship with.

Bai Qian smiled at him "Bai Qian was happy to help. It would have gone smoother if this old Phoenix was not the king of procrastination and we had brewed the medicine in the last few days rather than frantically all of last night"

"I get the feeling you're not going to stop talking about this for a while" Zhe Yan said with a straight face that showed how much he cared either way.

"Not for a really long time." she replied "Again, where's Shifu? The earlier I see him, the earlier I get back to sleep"

"You sleep too much"

"I'm a nine tailed fox, deal with it"

"Da Ge is by the lotus pond" Ye Hua supplied deciding to cut the rambling conversation short, not because he would not love to hear Bai Qian's voice continuously but because she looked and sounded like she needed to rest. It seemed she wasn't exaggerating when she said she had spent the entire night brewing various medicine for his twin.

"Thank you, crown prince. And congratulations on your upcoming nuptials"

"What?!" Ye Hua asked while Zhe Yan turned around to stare at Ye Hua with big round eyes

"Nuptials? What nuptials"

"Princess Su Jin just informed me you two are soon to be married. Apologies if you did not want it to be public news yet but she did not say it was to be private." Bai Qian replied. Zhe Yan's response did not surprise her but Ye Hua's did. The man looked shocked.

"Su Jin and I are not engaged neither will we EVER be getting married" Ye Hua said, there was fire in his eyes and it was the first time Bai Qian had seen anything other than the polite diplomatic covers he wore or the joy his brother seemed to always bring out on his face.

Stunned by the outburst, Bai Qian stumbled with what to do next "I ..." she began, wanting to make her excuse and head to her original goal but found her wrist tightly in Ye Hua's grasp as she was marched towards the young lady. She should have kept her mouth shut, she merely wanted to share in the good news of someone she considered to be a colleague.

"Ye Hua" Su Jin said with a smile followed by a brief frown as she saw Bai Qian

"Su Jin, why did you tell High Goddess Bai Qian we are to be married when you know that is not true?" Ye Hua asked

"I... Su Jin..." she stammered

"I really should go see your brother. I'm sorry if I caused any misunderstanding, I was simply trying to save myself a trip by congratulating you now rather than later. My apologies" She said pulling her hand from Ye Hua and walking as fast as she could get away with and not look like she was running even if that was what she wanted.

A/N: Was sick last week so prioritized what little writing time I had for this chapter. I promise to respond to as many comments as I can this week. Thank you all for reading and for the votes and comments. And apologies I promised 2 new characters but only delivered one, you'll meet the second one within the next 2 chapters

P.S: this chapter has very important ground work that will affect the story line significantly at a future point :) See if you can predict what it is, I won't confirm or deny.