Nine

After talking to the chief Astrid decided to take a walk to clear her head. She walked through the village with no real destination, stuck in her own thoughts.
S

he eventually ended up at the dragon arena. She decided to talk to Toothless, which, of course, meant talking at him and him making noises in return. Though she was starting to understand them she was still easily confused.
"Hey bud." Astrid said as she swaggered into the arena. Toothless trilling in greeting.
"So, Toothless, we're going looking for Hiccup but I don't think we're going to find him on our own. If I got you out of here could you track him down?" Astrid said. She got a encouraging sounding rumble in return.
"Ok, if I let you out you'll help me track down Hiccup? ...and you won't eat me?"
Another rumble of ascent.
"Ok." She slowly walked up to the massive doors, pulled the lever to lift the bar of the door and hauled the doors open.
She was immediately met with an extremely exited night fury.

"Woah! Woah! Calm down!" She exclaimed as toothless jumped around her.

Toothless seemed to calm down, so Astrid hesitantly reached out and stroked his head. "Ok let's go find your saddle."

A/N

Heyo! Here's the next chapter, and thanks to L0vely_princ3ss (I hope I got your name right) I know where I want this story to go. So hopefully I can try to update sooner. Chow~😙