{1} ~outsider~

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊

imani te abara chidi'ite, mostly known as mani, was the first born child of chidi abara and omari abara in the omaticaya tribe. with her first name meaning 'moon' and her last meaning 'spirit', she truly had a title to live up to. her father, omari, was known as a great and powerful na'vi man, and with that came the unbearable weight of living up to his name.

imani was known in her tribe as a powerful warrior, a young leader full of focus, will and admiration for her father. a master with a bow, came with the skill of hunting.

with long black hair, braided away from her face and filled with accented beads and crystals, woven with blue and green string and the occasional yellow feather. standing at 9'4, she mostly wore tops made of feathers or plants, her lower half often covered by a loin cloth made of leather.

imani spent most of her days attending to the village people, this meant taking them to see the tsahik, training the young to hunt, and teaching them the ways of the warriors. she was the perfect mate for the tsahik and olo'eyktan's daughter, neytiri te tskaha mo'at'ite. since the day she completed her dream hunt, neytiri knew she was in love with the na'vi woman. they had been close friends all their lives, but neytiri always felt a little something more for her friend and when the time came she made her move, since then, the two na'vi women had been mates.

𝖇𝖑𝖚𝖊

running through the forest, imani's feet didn't make a sound. the forest glowed with the bio-luminescence of the night, small hoots filled the air, chitters and coos from the nightlife. the forest was one of the most beautiful places on pandora, from the plants to the animals that inhabited it, it was a never ending wonder of possibilities and life.

the tall na'vi woman's eyes glowed green as she crouched in a nearby tree, peering through the leaves as her ears twirled for any sign of unusual life.

she paused as she heard rapid footsteps, her ears halting in that direction as her eyes scanned the ground. then, a low growl ripped through her throat as she pounced from the tree and tackled the na'vi to the floor.

they rolled through the forest, pouncing and snarling at one another until imani ended up pinned below her opponent. her angry expression turned to one of playful taunting as she looked up at the woman above her. "my love." she greeted neytiri who pinned her arms above her head.

"i caught you." neytiri panted, a grin on her face as her chest heaved up and down.

"don't get too proud of yourself, this is a one time thing." imani chuckled as neytiri rolled her eyes and stood to her feet. imani stood to her feet as well, taking neytiri's hand in her own as the two na'vi women continued to venture through the forest.

"hush, ma'mani. you think too highly of yourself." neytiri glanced at her before a grin broke out on her face. "come." and she shot off into the night, the only sound being her footsteps and loud laughter.

imani raced after her, jumping into the trees to get a head start as neytiri ran. she followed close by her side, staying silent as a mouse as she leapt from branch to branch. suddenly, the sounds of a struggle came and her attention was snatched away from her love. she swung down from the tree, landing in front of neytiri who yelped and stumbled as she was expecting imani to be behind her.