⋆Twenty-Four⋆

Start from the beginning

"Give her some time and space if she needs it."

And so Finn nods his head swiftly, trying to ignore their proximity which is making his heart skip.

He smiles."Yeah of course."

-

Finn and Millie walk the trail to the breakfast hall, as Millie atempts to silently put together the scattered pieces that make up last night.

"What are you thinking about" Finn chuckles, noticing her furrowed eyebrows as well as trying to lighten the mood. Things aren't awkward; however, they feel... different.

"Im just trying to figure out what happened last night."

"The part with Rome-" Her breath hitches. "I only remember the party."

Finn huffs. "Im amazed you remembered anything."

Everything put the most crucial part — my apology.

"H-how did you find me," Millie asks, hesitation clear in her tone. 

Even though the faint memories of last night pain her to think about, she's still curious to know what happened or more like what didn't happen.

"Um.." Finn starts scratching his head nervously.

"Last night" Millie clarifies.

However, Finn didn't need any clarification to know what she wanted to hear. He didn't know, though, how much to tell her.

"I carried you home and then."

You asked me if I wanted to kiss you.

"You fell asleep on the couch."

Finn chuckles. "On me."

Millie giggles at his remark, and Finn is relieved to feel the tension lift around them. Things seem to be going back to normal finally; however, still, it is different. Finn finally understands the feeling he has, that he had been trying to push away, won't just disappear into thin air. He knows now that it affects the way he thinks and acts in the most confusing and indescribable way. Nevertheless, he isnt going to let that get in the way of Millie coming around to talk to him once again.

-

As Millie and Finn walk into the breakfast hall, Sadie is shocked to see that they seem to be conversing.

"Since when are they cool again?" Caleb, who is sitting next to her eating a sandwich, mumbles.

"No idea" Sadie answers simply. Gaten and Lilia sit across from her, Lilia laughing at every word that comes out of Gaten's mouth, while Noah watches them, wearing a disgusted look.

Just as Millie and Finn arrive at the table, Ashley appears infront of their table.

"Good morning, everyone!" Ashley chirps.

"The camp has decided that instead of finding Romeos prior group another counsellor..."

Finn sits down on the bench next to Caleb, nudging him as if knowing what Ashley is about to say next.