chapter four.

Chapter Four…

"So how did it go today?" I asked Vincent while we sat at the table in a posh Italian restraunt.

"It went great. For me," He said and I raised an eyebrow to ask him to continue "I got custody of Jamie"

"Thats great!" I said smiling and Vinny also smiled 

"So what is it you do?" Vinny asked changing the subject

"I’m a photography student at NYU and I have a photography apprentenship. But mostly I fetch coffee, and pass the actual photographer her lenses and tell the model when there needed I'd hardly call it photography interning but you've gotta' start at the bottom and work your way up right?"

"True. But if you don't actually take photo's why were you taking photo's of us playing hockey?"

"For my portfolio, those shots came out great by the way," 

"You'll have to show me sometime," He said and I nodded my head in agreement. 

"So, what else do you do? Or do you just play hockey professionally?" 

"Play hockey professionally, but my father does own a magazine that he will pass down to me in a couple of years," Vinny said and I raised my eyebrows

"Really? Which magazine?" 

"a la mode” Vincent replied

“Really? That’s soo cool” I said as I took a drink from my wine glass “I really like your photographers work”

“Yeah, Immanuel is alright, Nothing great about his work, doesn’t really reach out to me.”

“I really liked that one cover with-“  I was cut off by his cell phone ringing

“Izzy I’m so sorry, I had to keep it on so the baby sitter could get hold of me,”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s fine” I said with a smile

He smiled back and picked up his phone

“Hello?... What?.... Is he okay?....” He sighed and continued “Okay.. Yeah I’ll be about ten minutes..” He said and hung up

“Jamie’s sick. He’s been throwing up for an hour apparently and he’s got a tempreture, and he won’t sleep. Tonight is going to be a fucking nightmare. Izzy I’m so sorry I have to go.”

“That’s okay, I understand your sons sick. Is there anything I could help you with?” I asked as I stood up putting my coat on and heading towards the cash register.

“Yeah sure.” He said as he took my tiny hand into his giant one and walked to his car, opening the passenger door for me and I got in.

Ten minutes later we pulled up outside a posh looking hotel.

“I thought we were going to your place?” I said confusion clear in my voice.

“We are. I live in the penthouse.” He said and got out the car and handed his keys to the valet. I followed behind him and he took my hand in his again and pulled me into the elevator and pressed a button. A couple of minutes later the elevator door opened and he pulled me out of it and took some keys out of his pocket and opened the front door and opened it.

“Hello? Catrina?”

“Upstairs!” She shouted and Vincent pulled me into the lounge and left me in there saying a quick “Be right back” and then went upstairs to check on his son. I took that opurtuntiy to look around his lounge, there were pictures scattered around in frames, Some of Vinny, Some of a little boy I’m presuiming is his son, some of an oldish couple I presumed were his parents.

“Come on buddy,” I heard Vinny say and he cam into the lounge carrying the most adorable little boy ever, he had a plastic glass of lemonade in his hand and vinny sat down on the sofa and put his son on his lap.

“Whose dat daddy?” The little boy said

“I’m Izzy,” I said as I sat down next to him

“Are you my daddys girlfriend?” He asked and I looked up at Vinny who was looking at me, I silently asked him with my eyes, if I was infact his girlfriend.

“Yes. Izzy is daddys new girlfriend.” Vinny said smiling and I smiled back, he sat up at little bit and held his arms out to me,

“Jamie. You should be going to sleep.” Vinny said as Jamie climbed onto my lap and cuddled into me and closed his eyes.

“I’ll put a movie on then shall i?” Vinny said as he stood up and walked over to the TV, turning it on and put in a film.

When the film finished Jamie was in a deep sleep and I followed Vinny up to Jamie’s room, and put him in his bed, and pulled the quilt over him tucking it around him.

“He’s adorable.” I said to Vinny as I followed him out of Jamie’s room. I closed the door behind me and Vinny wrapped him arms around my waist pulling me to him and kissing me gently on the lips,

“He likes you,” Vinny said when he pulled away and kissed my fore head. I smiled

“I really like him too,” I said with a smile “I better be going home” I said as I tried to get out of his arms

“Why don’t you just stay here the night?” He asked

I shrugged.

“Come on. You can stay here the night,” He said as he directed me down the hall stopping outside a door, he opened it and led me through it. I smiled as I looked out the big glass window at the view of the New York skyline at night. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and he pulled me to his now bare chest and kissed my neck.

“Have you got a shirt and some shorts I could borrow?” I asked and he nodded heading over to his drawers and taking out a t-shirt and pair of boxers and handing them to me, I headed in the direction of the en suite bathroom, that Vinny so kindly directed me too, and changed, then shoved my hair up into a messy bun, and headed back into his bedroom, to see him on one side of the bed, his bare chest on display, his back leaning against the headboard, the bedside lamp on and he was reading a book. I smiled and walked over to the bed getting in the vacant side of the bed and pulled the quilt over me, and lay my head on the pillow facing Vinny. I smiled at his intense gaze on the book he was reading and I put my hand on his leg and he immediately looked up

“Thank you. For tonight” I said with a smile

“I had a great time. Even if it was cut short.” He said

“Me too.” I smiled again “Did you mean what you said before to Jamie?”

“About you being my girlfriend?” He asked as he put his book down on the bedside table and lay his head on the pillow facing me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer, I nodded my head as I put my small hand on his bare chest.

“Yes I did mean it,” He said with a smile and I pressed my lips to him. We were in heavy make out mode when the door opened and a crying Jamie came into the room wiping his eyes.

“Daddy. My tummy hurts,” Jamie said as he started crying. I leant up and patted the space that was between me and Vinny

“Come on bud, come and sleep here,” I said and Jamie walked slowly over to the bed and climbed in the middle of Vinny and I and Vinny smiled, pressing his lips to mine quickly, turning off the bedside lamp, and wrapping his arm around both Jamie and I and I drifted off into a happy sleep.