2

It was a knock at the door which woke Jay up, checking his phone he saw that is was only 9 in the morning, why would someone be knocking this early. Groaning Jay went to turn out of bed only to see a mop of blonde hair and a tiny body taking up the whole bed, it wasn't unusual for Morgan to come in to sleep with Jay but most times he did realise it but last night she must have been very quiet. Pulling the covers back over her and putting on a tee-shirt, Jay walked to his front door, only to find Erin Lindsey looking at him.

"Sorry I know I'm early I just thought you would be up, I can come back at 10 if you want" Erin felt very stupid, she had woken up at 8 and just thought that Jay would have been up before 10.

"It's fine Erin, honestly come on in" Jay held the door open for and once she was inside lead her to the kitchen.

"I was going to make pancakes for me and Morgan, since your here do you want some" Jay asked her taking out some of the pancake mix and chocolate chips.

"Yeah okay, didn't peg you for the cooking type if I'm being honest" Erin laughed watching her partner get started.

"Nobody ever does, you should have seen Will when he came over am I was making dinner, a sunday roast he almost fainted" Jay laughed at the comment she made as he poured the mix into the pan

"So who else knew about her" Erin asked.

"Well Hank for obvious reasons, Sev, Shay, Will and well 51 do know her but they don't really know who's kid she is. Sev just said that she was his niece and that was that, she goes over there when I'm working or when they aren't working the two of them watch her"

"And when you were taken by Keyes what then, we didn't have a moment to stop so did Shay and Kelly know?" It was more of a demand than a question for Jay, who just sighed and turned to face his partner.

He could understand how she felt, he is sure the rest of the team felt like that but how many questions was she going to ask?

"Hank told them, he needed them to keep her close incase he somehow found out about her, they keep her at their apartment, Boden gave them the time off to watch her"

"And when you were in hospital I never saw here their either?"

"They only brought her when Sarge told them none of you were going to be their, she hated it you know, coming to see me so she only same the once and I was released after two days anyways" He told her, flipping the pancake.

"I'm just going to go to wake her up, watch the pancakes for me?" He smiled at her before leaving.

Erin decides to just walk around the apartment, it was cozy not too big and not too small, it was full of pictures most of Morgan and Jay but a lot of Morgan with Kelly and Shay, some at the firehouse, some at the lake. She missed so much she thought to herself, but so did her team she thought that they were family but for whatever reason Jay couldn't trust them with his greatest love.