This Can't Be

It was supposed to be their first meeting that day,so Beam felt a little nervous

It was supposed to be their first meeting that day,so Beam felt a little nervous. He  initially disagreed with this whole arranged marriage by his family but he set up a rule. If he really likes the person on their first meeting,then he will consider dating before getting into marriage.After all,getting marry is a big deal.It is not a child-play,something you can just go ahead and do it.

Beam arrived at the cafe and took a seat at the table facing the door. That way he can see the person he's about to meet. He already sketched various images of the ideal woman based on the description by his mother. Fair-skin,mono eyelids,short hair,sharp nose,thin lips,tall and slender. That sounded like a fairy sent from up above. He would like it if the girl has a long hair but he doesn't mind with short hair since hair will eventually grows.

Half an hour passed by,few women walked through that door but none matched the image he had in his mind nor they wore the coded color. Beam is getting impatient. He purposely cleared up his schedule for that day. He didn't want anyone to recognize him for that he knows it will cause a huge disturbance to another people sitting there. He looked around trying to see if there's any paparazzi following him. Being a star isn't easy.

Beam gave up,he stood up and ready to pay for his drink. Then he saw a guy entered the cafe,wearing a face mask and looking suspicious. A star,or perhaps a bad guy? Beam cancelled his plan and sat back. The same guy was walking toward his direction, beam already getting into the position where he can easily ran and escape if that happen to be a bad guy.

He took a sit right in front of beam at the same table and ordered a drink. Beam had confused look,trying to figure out who might be the guy in front of him.

While waiting for the drink,the guy said he had to wear mask because he caught a flu that day and afraid if beam will get infected by him. Beam asked in lower voice if they knew each other.

Beam: Do we know each other?

Forth: We are suppose to meet here today. You are the only person in the entertainment industry by the name of Beam Barramee.  I can't mistaken you for someone else.

Beam: What do you mean by that? Ahhh- Are you the representative of the girl i am suppose to meet today? Does she has some urgent matter to take care of?

Beam  tried to come out with the most logical reason he can think of as he flashed an awkward smile.

Forth: No.I am the person you are meeting. You didn't get the detail?

Beam: Ehh--??? Thi---s can't be.

What did he just heard? Beam pinched his own arm in case he's dreaming or he heard it wrong. 

Beam: What's happening? I am suppose to be on blind date with someone suggested by my family.

Beam panicked his hand started to make weird gestures.

Forth: Right! That would be me.

The guy said as he lowered down his mask,revealing his face. Every single detail matched with what he had been told.

Beam: No way! His image of the perfect ideal girl been shattered into pieces.

Beam was lost in his own thought when he heard sound of finger's snap.

Forth: By the way i'm forth. Forth Jathurapoom.

Forth introduced himself offers his hand for a handshake but beam received a shocking fact for second time. Beam was again lost still speechless trying to sink in the situation.

Beam: Forth Jathurapoom!?!! Another rising star in entertainment industry. What is this joke that being played on him. This can't be real! All this while he only heard of the name but never see him in person.

Beam stood up and walked out of the cafe. His brain trying to process the information he just received.

Beam: That must be a joke! Yes,that must be it!

Beam convincing himself as he got into the car. He dialed his mother's number,patiently waiting for the receiver and later on his call got answered.. And beam abruptly said what he wants to say the moment his mother picked up the phone.

Beam: Mom,this must be a joke right?  A man appeared and said he was the person that has arranged married with me.

Mrs. B. : It's not a joke .Did you walked out and left him alone? You better walk back in and get to know each other.

Mr. B: This marriage has to happen.If you refuse,i will shave my hair and be a monk beam!

Beam immediately drop the call after he hears his fathers voice who intertupt.

Beam: Crap! Even my father wants it??  This must be real serious situation to my father to threaten me like that.

Beam sat in his car for a while and decided if Forth is still there then he would talk nicely to him about cancelling the marriage. He get's out from the car and headed back to the cafe. To his own surprise forth still there enjoying his own drink. Beam took a heavy steps and sat on the same spot earlier. 

Beam:  have decided not to go along with this arranged married. This is ridiculous, to be married to a guy, It's not even legal here. I am sure you feel the same way as i do, so i suggest that we both talk nicely to our parents about it.

Forth: I will go along with this marriage. Though i have a girl that i like but i have no other choice but to agree. My father said he will get a divorce and marry your father if i don't. My father is the type that will do as he said.

Beam's facial expression suddenly darken and he feels like he lost a lot of blood for what he hears.  He is a little pale to begin with but that day he looked more pale than he already is.

Beam: Who set this rule? Are their parents finally out of their mind?

Beam wanted to shout his heart own right there, right then. He was so furious but forth on the other hand,calmly drinking his ginger tea.

They parted way soon after forth finished his drink. Beam agreed on exchanging their contact just because forth said he had a plan. No matter how many times he thinks about it,there's no way he will marry a man like NO FREAKING WAY..