2. Snow

"Riku, do you know why red is bad?"

The redhead child turns his head from the snow. He was playing, alone in the middle of the snowy night and only that older woman is with him.

"No, why?"

The woman gives a sinister smile towards the redhead. She walks on slowly as she pats the redhead as if he will break if she put any force.

"Because red symbolises death. People hate death, they thought it was painful. But red... Can be a hero as well."

The redhead can only listen as he watches the older woman pass a smile to him.

"I love your hair, Riku. It symbolises the death I always wanted. Just like red spider lily."

"Red spider lily?"

She pats the redhead again and this time she gives the redhead a lollipop.

"Yes. A flower that is said to be the symbol of death but it be a hero too... A hero of the dead. It protects those who are dead by living with the dead."

"Mom... Are you saying that I can be a hero as well? Like Tenn-nii?" The redhead asks with eyes glimmering with respect.

She smiles again as she walks in the street. She's looking around the snowy night as couple walk with happiness.

"Of course, dear. So, can you be a hero of ours for the first time? Me and your dad?"

"Why?"

"Please deliver this message to your nii-san when you finally meet him. " We always love you, from the bottom of our heart. You've always been a hero for us, protecting us. We love you and this heart has nothing else in this world except you, our beloved, Tenn." Can you Riku?"

The redhead can only nod his head without understanding the meaning behind his mother words. Like a doll he always is, he accepts his mother request.

***

"Big news! A house from the XXX town has been burn. Apparently, no one has been injured but the family of three is said to be dead. The police suspect, it's the case of family suicide with the victim of a couple and a young child."

When Riku comes to his sense, he can see his house on fire. In this snowy day, even the coldness couldn't help the fire to be put down. He heard the ambulance and firefighter sounds from the distance. It as if he was in the water.

How ironic... He just recently in the house of fire and now he feels like in the water? He wanted to laugh but he remembered what his mother request to him.

"Please deliver this message to your nii-san when you finally meet him."

So he will live. He will live according to what his mother request to him, just like a hero. But one thing that keeps replaying in his mind when he in the house of fire.

"The fire... It's the colour of beautiful red of deep amber. Just like my eyes."

oOo

"I like red... The colour of a hero."

The redhead watches the snowy night with dull eyes. He has no intention of getting out of his room. He will lock himself in for a bit and will get out when it was time.

"That's right... I forgot about mom request..."

oOo

"Riku, you can't sleep like this. Get out from the bed, please..."

"..."