Beauty

What do I mean when I say something or someone is beautiful? 

Am I judging on face value? The social conditioning of saying that is beautiful.... was my judgment filled with what others have said? The majority of people today are saturated with the image of young bodies,  slim and athletic are saturating our commercial world as the image of sexy and beautiful. Desirable and easy on the eye..or are they, really truly beautiful? That is the view of perfection and youth as beauty, seen by the ancient Greeks, still is deeply etched in our collective conciousness. So may be I do judge on the face value. I say and see beauty as perfection as it has been over the generations through European eyes.

 Or have I learnt something deeper? Have I looked long enough and weighed up what I really see, hear or feel?

Can I... make a judgement on the deeper view ? A deeper understanding of more than the balance of perfection, but something ....

Something hiden from that first glance. I hope I have taken the time to see past the outside fleeting glance to something much deeper. Or is it the fleeting spur of the moment glance that recognizes that beauty straight away? Judged quickly on first impressions I may miss the true beauty.

 I should say  that glance is shallow meaning nothing.... my statement of beautiful becomes just a word. It is not until you take the time to look long enough at something, examine it slowly, like savouring a spoonful of food and allowing the taste to be experienced on the taste buds not just smell of sight. Maybe that is why babies taste everything because they learn in a deeper way. We must first take the time to taste beauty before we proclaim that something is Beautiful.