SIX!

IMESSAGES&LIFE!

NEW MESSAGE FROM MATTIA!

mattia
hey i'm sorry for what i said
yesterday about u bein a clown
and stuff. i didn't mean it and ive
been in your place with liking
somebody and not having them
like you back so i really didn't
have any room to come at you
like that — it was u called for

murphy🤩
okay

mattia
shawty, that's all you gotta say?

murphy🤩
sorry i was mean too

mattia
that's what i thought 😎

murphy🤩
nevermind i take mine back

mattia
kidding shawty, i love uuuu

mattia
i wanna kiss up on u and shit 😡

murphy🤩
ur pushing your limits, buddy

mattia
i know i know

mattia
anyways, how was your day

mattia
are you excited for social bash

murphy🤩
yessir!!

murphy🤩
idk who i'm going to the prom
thing with though and it's making
me a little nervous

mattia
be mine

mattia
like date thing

mattia
not like be mine as in dating

mattia
sorry if that wasn't clear

murphy🤩
why do you get so tongue tied
around me like i don't get it

mattia
i'm just not good at expressing
my emotions over text unless i'm
like talking to my boys or something

mattia
and you're so pretty i just don't
want to say the wrong thing and scare
you away before i get the chance to
really really know you

murphy🤩
that was kinda cute

murphy🤩
i'll give you those points

mattia
does that mean i can call
you shawty now or is that
still off limits fo u

murphy🤩
i guess i'll allow it

mattia
YO FINALLY

mattia
my shawty 🥺🥺🥺

shawty💞
a shawty not ur shawty

mattia
yeah, but soon tho
DELIVERED!

MURPHY HESITATED BEFORE PRESSING the call button as she awaited the answer on the other line. After a few seconds, Mattia's face flashed across the screen and she hid the smile on her face as she looked over his features. He looked tired and after a second, she realized the time zone difference and frowned.

"Did I wake you up?" She asked as he quickly shook his head and wiped his eyes. She had, in fact, woken Mattia up but he would never tell her that. When he had seen her name flashing across his phone, he'd quickly jumped up and turned on his lamp before answering.

"Oh okay. Good!"

Mattia smiled again and rested his head on his hand before glancing at the clock. It was much too late to be up on a school night and he knew that, but he wasn't risking this precious time for something as stupid as sleep.

"How was your day, Shawty?" He asked and for a second, Murphy found attraction to somebody other than Jaden's voice. She liked the way Mattia talked, especially with the slight rap that he hadn't expected him to have. This was her first time actually talking to the boy over the phone as the rest of their conversations had been over text.

"It was good, I guess. Chase and Ant are kinda mad at me I think," she murmured the confession and Mattia perked at her words. "How come? You guys seem so close," he asked, genuinely interested in her life and what was going on in it.

"I don't know if they really because nobody has said anything to me but in the car, Chase wouldn't talk to me and they just went into their room's when we got home. It was so weird," Murphy sighed in frustration and Mattia noticed that she had evaded his question with ease.

"Yeah but why would they be mad at you?" He pressed on for an answer again and Murphy narrowed her eyes shrugging. "Okay I lied. Me and Chase we're arguing about me and Jaden and then we just started saying stuff in the moment and Ant took his side."

Mattia inwardly sighed at the mention of Jaden but held his tongue so she wouldn't get pissed off at him again. "Argument about what?" He asked, watching as Murphy narrowed her eyes and scrunched her nose in frustration.

"Jaden left the mall to go get Mads or something, I don't know, he just sounded mad, but then Chase got mad because he swears that I'm in love with Jaden Hossler and I am not," she declared, staring at Mattia's look of disbelief.

"Yeah you are," he agreed with Chase and Murphy almost hung up on him then and there. "I am not!" She snapped and Mattia laughed softly. "You can admit it, we're just friends like it's not like I'm in love with you or anything."

Murphy's heart shrunk at his words, not that they weren't the truth. She and Mattia barely knew each other and though she liked that he showed interest in her, he was not in love with her.

From there, conversation dwindled until Mattia finally let his eyes flutter closed at the sight of Murphy sound asleep, halfway across the world. And just before he fell asleep, Mattia vowed to himself that Murphy would feel the same about him before Social Bash was over.