twenty.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
SORRY I IGNORED YOU.

mike wheeler ⭐️

goodnight mikey
Read 11:06 pm

goodnight el. ❤️

goodmorningggg
today is very excitingggg
you get to see will!!
best friends reunite 🥰
Delivered 10:22 am
you still sleeping??
Delivered 11:30 am
oof ig so
Delivered 12:46 pm
i miss you
Delivered 1:34 pm

the small brunette sat perched on her bed, pushing the lose strands of hair that framed her face behind her ears before she tossed her phone onto the pillows next to her.

it sounds stupid to admit but she was becoming worried. the sarcastic boy that had been consuming her thoughts for the past month had never left her without a response before. even if he was busy or hanging out with the party, he always made an effort to tell her with a quick text.

she couldn't help but to feel like he wasn't answering her because he was still upset about her not going with her brother to visit hawkins. he had told her that he wasn't, however she knew deep down he was. there was absolutely no way he could hide that from her.

oh how little did she know...

eleanor had spent majority of her morning saying goodbye to her beloved family, cleaning up the house and making sure her dad was okay. surprisingly her father didn't complain when she helped him with whatever he needed to attend to. she couldn't tell if he was just being nice about the predicament they were in or if he was actually in that much pain. either way she appreciated the politeness.

she did not appreciate mike's inability to answer his phone though.

the small girl huffed in frustration, she really didn't realize how little of a life she had aside from texting mike all day. she just couldn't get his stupid, cute, freckled... perfectly sculpted face out of her head no matter how hard she tried.

she pulled the blankets off of her bed and carried them to the living room, plopping herself down on plush cushions before reaching over to grab the remote.

she pushed her blanket covered knees close to her chest, switching threw the channels to find something to distract her. honestly she coulda sat there for hours, simply just wallowing in her own self pity. that's what she was planning to do at least. however a few hours later... that was completely interrupted.

"kid... what are you doing?" her father questioned as he slowly made his way out of his room and into the living area.

"nun..." her voice muffled from the blanket being so close to her mouth.

he already knew what was wrong, it wasn't too hard for him to guess. yet he found her attitude towards everything quite amusing considering he already knew the raven haired boy was making his way here.

he had gotten a text from his wife when they had arrived in hawkins. once will mentioned that mike wasn't in town, joyce knew the boy well enough to guess he was already on his way to see eleanor. she made sure to inform her husband that if he didn't show up within the next hour to go looking for him.

even though her father wasn't the happiest when he was given this information, he was actually pretty impressed in the boy's dedication to drive here on such short notice.

"alright... up you go." her father announced as he started to gently pull her off the couch.

"no, i'm not getting up." she refused as she pulled the blankets over her head, though he continued to pull her.

"yes you are, at least go get dressed. brush your hair maybe?" he suggested, trying to sound as sympathetic as he could.

"what's the point?" she complained.

her father held back laughter, he had never seen her act so ridiculous over a boy. "i was thinking maybe we could go out for dinner. i'm sure i can make it and maybe it will make you feel better?" he lied. as entertaining as it was to see her like this, he didn't want her to embarrass herself once the boy showed up at their door in a few minutes.

"... somewhere fancy?" she questioned slowly.

"no no, not fancy. you don't have to get all dressed up." he calmly comforted her. he watched as she slowly pulled the blankets back over her head to show her face. she quietly picked herself up, before taking the blankets with her back to her room.

it didn't take her long to get ready. after brushing her hair per her father's request, she quickly threw on a pair of black high waisted leggings with a small cropped black tank. she glanced over at her phone that still sat upside down on one of her pillows, debating whether or not to see if he had in fact texted her back.

she disregarded the thought before picking up the same soft, black, oversized jacket she had been wearing ever since the raven haired boy had given it to her. she threw the fabric on, letting one side fall off her shoulder before making her way into the living room again to meet her father.

"dad? you ready?" she called from outside his room.

"um, yea just a second..." he lied again, putting his head up against the frame of his closed bedroom door. just before he could try to think of something to stall her even longer, there was a small knock that echoed throughout the house.

"did you order something?" she questioned once more as she made her way closer to the front door.

"actually your mom did... you can get it." he smiled to himself, relieved.

she opened the door with one swift motion, not even getting enough time to process the figure in front of her as she was pulled into a tight hug. under other circumstances, she would have defensively pushed the person off of her, however she recognized the familiar scent almost instantly. she sank into his arms, tears forming at the rims of her eyes.

"i'm sorry i ignored your texts. i - i didn't wanna ruin the surprise and it was also really difficult to get here cause i didn't have max screaming the directions at me every five minutes." the freckled faced boy confessed, exhaustion laced throughout his raspy voice.

she sniffed before finally pulling away to look at the face she had missed so much, "wh- why are you here?"

he laughed as he brought his hands to her face to wipe away her tears, "i wanted to see you. i couldn't wait."

she leaned into his touch, her mind racing with so many more questions. before she could begin to ask them she was interrupted by another soft chuckle, "that jacket is super cool, where'd you get it?"

she giggled, rolling her eyes before pulling him inside.

---

a/n: i love y'all holy - thank you for reading my book.