Chapter One

Ever since Julian had been enhanced he could tell that there was something different about him. Unfortunately he had finally found out what it was in one of the worst ways. Julian's genetic enhancements had a side effect that resulted in him turning into a Weredog whenever there was a full moon out, and he had only found out that it even existed when he had transformed for the very first time. He was only fifteen years at the time. Julian had felt so weak and helpless as his body was transforming and all he could do was cry out for his parents. He will never ever forget the look on their faces when they saw him turn into some kind of Werewolf and the sound of his own bones changing shape and size. That night they took Julian to the man that had altered his DNA in the first place to find out what happened. The next morning he had changed back but he soon discovered that he would transform into a Weredog every night if there was a full moon present.

This of course has made Julian's life a lot more complicated than most other people's.

He had decided to hide his condition because if Star Fleet finds out about the fact that he basically turns into a giant dog on a full moon that would be the only excuse they need to ban him from all medical practices.

Because of his condition his senses are extremely enhanced and Julian can even smell each type of humaniod as well as recognize them by scent alone

When he first met Garak the first thing he had found unique about him was that he didn't smell like the average Cardassian at all, to be fair he has only smelled a few but this one had the kind of scent that he associated with a lush forest with lots and lots of lizards. At first Julian thought that the tailor smelled this way because he was in close proximity to so many different species. But as they continued having lunches together he hardly smelled any change in Garak's scent.

Julian has also found that when the full moon was close he felt as though the Cardassian man was powerful and he seemed to become a sort of submissive near him.

They have known each other for a few months and he is already head over heels for the Cardassian tailor.

But if he finds out about Julian's genetic enhancements as well as his condition than he will probably pack up all his things and move to Bajor as soon as possible.

If he finds out his secret and Garak did do that he wouldn't really blame him.

Still he did want to have someone besides his parents to share his secret with, plus during the full moon night Julian did have very soft fur and Cardassians do enjoy things that are warm.

But he didn't want to risk ruining their friendship by telling him what he actually is. Julian did enjoy being friends with him but at the same time he wanted to be more than friends. So he made a sort of compromise and decided that he will ask Garak if there are any Cardassian mythological myths about shape shifters to see how he felt about them exactly.

"Well us Cardassians don't have many humaniod mythological creatures but there is one that many of our historians suspect could have been real." The Cardassian tailor said as he drank Rosska juice. "This creature is called a Weredragon and is actually very similar to the Werewolves that are very well known by your people."

"Really, how similar are they to Werewolves exactly?" Julian asked. "Besides the name of course."

"Well during the day and most nights they are almost completely no different than other Cardassians but on the full moon they will transform into a large humaniod Dragon that is often described as having three pairs of wings." He answered. "Also when others discovered their condition they would cast them out to live outside of a normal village, infact there are many ledgends about entire cities populated by them."

"I suppose that the two creatures are different but one thing that I do wonder is how do you think a modern Cardassian such as yourself would react to meeting one of these creatures while the full moon was out?" Julian asked.

"Depending on the situation I suppose that I myself would think that I have started to hallucinate and when I realize that I'm not I may just as well offer my services as a tailor." He answered.

"What exactly makes a Weredragon seem like someone who would need a tailor?" Julian asked.

"For one many of the legends show that when they transform their clothes rip off if they don't remove them before they get too big for them and that there mental state is mostly unchanged except for an increase in appetite which can be expected if one grows three times their original size." Garak answered as he ate. "Plus just because one is larger than the average person and has six wings doesn't mean that they can't look good."

"I suppose that's one way to look at that kind of situation, for me I would probably do a full body scan while they are in both forms." Julian said. "With there consent of course, just to perhaps get an idea of how they are able transform from practically one species to another in such a short amount of time."

He felt like he had gotten the information that he was hoping to find. But it's not like Julian can just tell him that he is a 'weredog' while in a crowded area. He wondered if his friend was suspicting of anything now. Probably not since they often do talk about eachothers cultures but Julian did ask very specific questions. Although the answers to those questions were extremely specific as well. Unfortunately when he went back to his quarters he had discovered that someone had broken in and that Julian would have to spend the night as well as transform into his Weredog form somewhere else for tonight.

But where should he go?