17-Claudia

17

Claudia

It is done.

I look at my brother and smile. He is free. I throw my arms around him, but he pulls away. I don't understand. 

"Get away from me!" he screams.

And that's when I know I was tricked.

He.

Doesn't.

Love.

Me. 

He hates me. 

My vision is red as the controlled burst of flames turns into an out-of-control raging inferno.  

And then I fall to the ground and it starts to rain. It rains cold, salty, tears. The fire is extinguished.

He doesn't love me.

"Claudia," I hear him whisper. I turn around and thrust my hand out and he falls to the ground, unconscious.

"I hate you too," I whisper. 

I feel a hand on my shoulder, solid and warm. Standing behind me is Aaravos. He bends down and I can hear his breath on my ear. "Claudia." His voice is even worse in real life.  I tear away from him.

"You lied!" I yell. My hands are shaking.

"It was only to motivate you to come here so you could see the throne is only yours. Believe me, if there was any other way I would have done so. I would never hurt you." Is he telling the truth? He gives me an arrogant smile. "Of course, I'll be your advisor. Your father trusted me with his life, and so must you."

I'm shaking so hard now. I glance back at the unconscious form of Soren and then back at Rayla and Ezran as his sweet words seep into my mind. My father is right. These people are only worthy of being conquered.

 This land is mine now.