Chapter 2

Zack was practically dragged to a crime scene and forced to examine the body. He hyperventilated as he crouched and commented, "Male, adolescent. Late teens early 20s." He said looking up at Doctor Brennan who agreed. Zack smiled, proud of himself, and stood up.

The body was gruesome, the victims intestines circled around him. This didnt bother anyone but the FBI agent there. His name? Zack couldn't remember, and he doesn't forget things ever.

"How long has he been here?" The tall muscular guy asked and the doctor looked over at him.

"At this rate of decomp, I'd say around a week Booth," she stated, the guy gagging at the smell. Zack leaned in and sniffed the body, a confused and concerned look coming from the man. Booth. Zack noted that name mentally and a surprise look came from his face.

"Less than a week. At most 5 days," Zack stated wiping his nose. He took a lot of pictures of the body and crime scene, looking extremely modest but proud. Temperance told Booth to send the soil, body, and everything around them to the Jeffersonian.

Time skip, around an hour.

"Doctor Hodgins!" Doctor Brennan yelled. Zack stood there impatient but calm, he wanted to start working as soon as possible. A joyful looking figure bounced over to the two and looked Zack up and down.

"Is this him? The mythical grad student Zack Addy?!" The male exclaimed and patted him on the back. "Welcome to the team, Bud!" He said, moving his hand away. Zack looked desperately at Doctor Brennan, not understanding the logic in Hodgins happiness. Temperance nodded and looked at Zack, then back at Hodgins.

"You two should form a symbiotic relationship, benefit off of each other," she explained, "Zack, this is Doctor Hodgins, he's our entomologist here at the Jeffersonian."

Zack looked, displeased. He turned his head over to the shorter man and back at Doctor Brennan. Zack didn't think he could work with someone like him, as he was a thorough, hard-working boy, and Hodgins seemed carless. Zack crossed his arms looking back down at his partner.

Hodgins had light brown hair and piercing blue eyes, along with a well developed beard. He was a good looking man, atomically speaking. Hodgins wasn't muscular, but he looked healthy. Zack, on the other hand, was slim with dark floppy hair. He was taller than the older male, which made Zack feel superior.

Brennan left the room, leaving Zack and Hodgins alone. There was a slightly uncomfortable silence between the two, as Zack examined his partner.

"Partners," Zack said in a monotone voice.

"Partners."