Chapter One

Going to school here should be one of the top ten things you do not want to do. The teachers are as reckless as the students. No one gets paid enough, resulting in countless feuds between the teachers and the principal. The school itself looks nice enough. It's just a one story building that stretchs half a football field. It's not even close to being enough to be a home away from home for the hundreds of students that go there. The halls are wet with humidity as the students basically suffocate from being so close to one another. The teachers don't even bother teaching the subjects at hand. They worry more about the extracurricular at hand. This school is known for their phenomenal sport teams. They're also known, sadly, by their school clubs. The one club that drags the school the most is the Clean Up Crew.
  This club includes, currently, a freshman, a sophmore, a junior, and a senior.
   The freshman's name is Benny. Her actual name is Bennet, but her clubmates find it easier to call her Benny. She has curly raven hair, strikingly blue eyes that seem to pop out against her pearly white skin, almost always sick, and she's extremely scrawny. She's one of the unlucky ones who were stuck starving.
   The sophomore's name was Vanessa. Her name sounds as repulsing as her personality. To keep her clubmates sane, they all called her Vee. She had reddish-brown hair with yellow cat-like eyes. She was on the taller side of the group with a quite large popularity following her. She's one of the reasons the club is so popular.
The junior's name is Seth. He's on the shorter side, especially for being a guy, crystal clear blue eyes that seem to reflect the light, almost white-blond hair, and a freckled face. He seems to be alone most of the time.
The senior's name is Cathy. Her clubmates call her Cat because of her cat like agility. She's on the thicker side with dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, and the same freckled skin her brother, Seth, has.
The club has been going on for many years, but the four of them are the leaders for the club in these years.
                               ....
  Outside a door that has the hinges basically beaten off them there is a sheet of paper that's held up by a small piece of clear tape. Students rush by it, some stopping curiosity taking the best of them. The names seem to engulf the sheet as the space seems to close up. The others passing stop stopping, seeing the space gone for their names. Disappointment filling their already hopelessly dead eyes. Bennet is walking with Seth their eyes almost enclose the sheet of paper. Bennet removes the piece of tape and holds the sheet up to her face, moving her raven, wavy hair out of her eyes. She smirks slight and looks towards Seth.
"So many signed up this year. I hope they know what they've gotten themselves into," she said, her voice completely monotoned, but her voice is strangely soothing to the ear. Seth shrugs as he lets out a small chuckle, shaking his head.
"We've never gotten this many people sign up. I think we should invite more people into the club this time," he said, his laugh taking over his deep voice. He had another calming voice, but his voice sounded cheerier. Bennet's voice was poisoned from all the years she was sick with colds and flus. She nods.
"Should we inform Cat and Vee about a meeting to change the rules up a bit?" she asks, folding the sheet up and putting it in her pocket.
  They walk down the halls. People turn and stare at them, unable to fully comprehend that they're here. They keep their gazes straigh ahead. Seth twitches randomly, but it's all that's shared between the two short people.

  They turn down the hall towards the cafeteria. Two people are standing by the door waiting for them, slightly pissed at the calling.
"What did you want?" Vee asked. Her voice trickled with a poisoned voice that was both on the cool side and the mean side. Cathy nods and looks around.
"Everyone is staring at us.." she said, her voice as quiet as a mouse. She fidgets. Seth takes notice and looks up, putting his arm on her shoulder. It seems to calm her down ever so slightly.
He looks around as well and chuckles.
"This is lovely. Everyone is all eyes on us. I love our amazing reputation. It just makes me so happy. Bennet, show them the paper," he says, having a cheerful hint to his voice as he speaks it, but it leaves completely when he speaks the last part. Bennet pulls out the folded mess that is the paper with the names from her jacket pocket. She takes her sweet time unfolding it, looking up periodically to see their reactions.
She finishes and Vee gasps, jumping up with glee. Cathy's face lights up with a smile, dimples gracing her cheeks.
"We are going to have so much fun this year!! I hope the newbies are as sharp whitted as the last ones. I want to have fun this year. Last year was boring," she half whisper yells. The people around her back away and leave the four alone.
Cathy nods in agreement. Seth has a smile dancing over his lips, but Bennet stays unfazed and straight faced. She folds up the paper and shoves it back into her pocket.
"I am kind of excited to see how everyone acts in these situations," Bennet says. Her face tells a completely different story. It looks so bored of it all.
Seth laughs a bit and puts his hand on her shoulder.
"Same enthusiastic Benny, eh?" he jokes as she shrugs his hand off her shoulder.
She keeps on looking off into the distance, trying to find something that isn't there.
"Hey Benny? Are you doing okay?" Seth looks in the direction she's looking but he doesn't seem to see it. She didn't seem to hear him either.
Her gaze is interrupted by two people
A girl that has such pretty grey hair and a boy who has hair as dark as night.
The boy stares directly at Seth, almost in tranced. The girl seems mad at this and pulls him away by his tie

              Chapter One (finished)