Chapter Thirty - Eight

Start from the beginning

"Caspar, Layla, I have something very important to tell you guys," Joe said standing up in front of us. I got really nervous and I was silently praying that he wasn't going to say what I think he's going to say...

"Marilyn and I are engaged," he said giving me his hand. I stood up with him and both of them looked absolutely shocked.

"I knew this was going to happen, congrats!" Caspar stood up and hugged both of us. Layla followed suit, but continued to look shocked. This was definitely going to be a hard thing to sell to her.

"Lay, can I talk with you?" I grabbed her hand and took her to Joe's room.

"What?" I asked in a whisper with a sense of urgency in my voice. I knew that she was going to be against me wanting to get married, or even think about it, at such a young age.

"You and Joseph are going to get married?" She asked just as silently. I grabbed her hands and I exhaled.

"We might in a few years, but as for now it's just an extra, extra label. I love him so much Lay it's not even possible that I could fall in love with somebody else. Ever since the surgery I haven't been able to do the things I use to do and he tends on me and and foot. He's a wonderful partner and I want to keep him in my life forever. This may be a little difficult to understand, but I need him," I said out of desperation. My hands were shaking and I didn't know how she would approve of this.

"You are my family and I approve," she said and exited the room. I stood there alone for a few more minutes and celebrated a victory for myself as I wondered what was going on through her head at that point.

Joe and Caspar were celebrating over a bottle of champagne and I decided to join the festivities as Layla followed suit after.

"To long lasting health and to the newly engaged couple!"

---------

"Happy birthday my sunshine," Joe woke me up by opening the blinds and I threw the covers over my head to rooted me from the Suns rays.

"Thank you," I yawned. He threw the blanket off me and kissed me.

"What are you going to do now that you're nineteen?" He asked going over to the closet to get ready for the rest of the day.

"The same things I've been doing since I was eighteen," I replied laughing a little bit.

"You're a brat. Now come get ready for today - all your YouTube friends are coming over again and you need to look nice. May I also suggest watching some of their videos, you're a little lax on that," he said buttoning up a dress shirt we had got for this special day.

"You're right, I don't even watch your videos," I said shrugging my shoulders. Although it was the truth, I never watched his videos, I always said I did to make him feel better.

"Whatever, all the internet girls want me," he huffed about and stood by the side of our bed.

"They can have you- you're a slob," I joked. He jumped on the bed and wrestled me until I was pinned down.

"Say you're sorry," he breathed on me. I shook my head and giggled.

"Say it," he said laughing. I still shook my head. He kissed me all over and started tickling me.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry Joseph Sugg you're the most neat boyfriend ever and you're so sexy and handsome!" I laughed. I could barely breathe because I laughed so hard. His head fell down next to mine and I caressed his face.

"I love you," I said softly. He put his cold hands on mine and intertwined our fingers.

"I love you too- now we have to get dressed okay? We have important things to do and get ready before your party," he said getting up and pulling me up with him.