Introduction

It's been four years since the incident with Eve, the evil witch that almost took out all vampires. Cody was growing older and older now that he didn't have his immortality that was taken from him with a curse. He'd decided after the battle was over to get married to his vampire lover Arya and watch his soon to be daughter grow up. Though it wasn't pleasant having a pregnant vampire as a wife the nine months weren't too long.

"WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT FREEZING MY PLASMA PACKS BEFORE GIVING THEM TO ME!!" Arya roared as she had been 7 months pregnant and frustrated with her husband.

"Last time I did that sweetheart, you almost killed me because you have sensitive fangs." Cody said behind gritting teeth.

Once the baby was born the couple had felt like their lives were complete. They soon realized how difficult it was to raise a supernatural being as a baby. The second Ryder learned to run it was over for the both of them.

Eventually the baby started fanging and this was horrible for everyone the baby came into contact with. Cody and Arya barely ever got any sleep and the baby wouldn't stop crying unless she was chewing on her rubber frog toy.

Ryder started to develop her supernatural powers at the age of two and she took magor advantage of her father's weaknesses.

"Teehee! You can't caaatch meee!" Teased the little girl as she super sped around the mansion. Cody couldn't even try going after her since he'd lost his powers and grown a bit older, so this left Arya being the one who always ended up running around the house with the baby.

Of course at the end of the day when Cody and Arya went to tuck in the little monster, the parents were reminded of the great life they got to watch unfold before their eyes, though Cody was upset he wouldn't get to spend the rest of eternity with her special girls.

Cody let out a sad sigh one night after Ryder had fallen asleep. "What's the matter baby?" Asked Arya as she climbed into bed with her mortal husband. "

"I just wish it would never end. I know it was my decision to be here for Ryder with my little time left but sometimes I'm so tempted to rush to the lab and stay there for hours working on getting my vampirism back." Complained Cody.

"But look at her. Look at our beautiful little girl. Are you saying you'd rather be immortal than to be here for her?" Arya said smiling at her daughter.

"Easy for you to say, you get to spend the rest of eternity with her." Teased Cody.

"Watch it Jett, I may be old but I can still beat your butt." Hissed Arya.

"You know I love you vampy." Teased Cody again.

The older Cody the slower life seemed to go by. It sounds strange knowing that he had such little time left but it seemed like Ryder wasn't growing or developing any new signs or her vampirism at all.

"Should we take her to a pediatrician or a vampire doctor or something. She hasn't grown at all in 6 months. I'm worried." Cody ranted to his wife one night.

"Trust me Cody. The older she gets the slower she'll grow. It's part of being a vampire. Eventually she'll stop growing all together and become fully immortal, but she's nowhere near that state at all." Explained Arya. "I was turned when I was six, it took me 91 years to fully become immortal. She's fine, we'll be watching for signs of anything peculiar but I think right now you should focus on being a good dad."

"I wish I knew exactly how much time I have left. Any day now I could go to sleep and not wake up..."

"I think I have an Idea..." said Arya.