Chapter 1

Hey!! Hope you're ready for part 3! Major shout out to Erin not only did she basically come up with the title but her support, friendship and the MANY MANY hours of Mayans discussion. Thanks, E! ♥️

***

Each and every morning of the past ten months, Zara awoke to a screaming baby and always a little earlier than the day before but this particular morning the sun hadn't even begun to peek through the clouds. Usually, it was Teddy who then woke his sister but no matter who was up first the other always joined in crying rather quickly.

"I have to pee," Zara complained. "Can you calm them down?" Reaching over to wake Angel she found his side of the bed empty and cold. "Fucking great," she seethed.

Flicking the top sheet off of her, Zara scurried out of bed and into the twins' room. For as annoyed and exhausted as she was, the smile on her face when she saw Reina and Ariza was genuine and bright.

"You guys are really up, aren't you?"

The babies just babbled and laughed in response.

"Alright then, Dad is MIA again and I have to pee, I'm coming right back," she told them. "So please don't freak when I leave, two seconds!"

Much to her surprise, Zara didn't hear a peep while she was in the bathroom. She could at least have that one moment of peace. Before heading back to get the twins, she grabbed her phone to check for a text from Angel since he didn't leave a note. There was nothing.

Slapping on a much less sincere smile than before, Zara grabbed the babies and very carefully headed down the steps.

Once she made their bottles and herself a cup of coffee, Zara reached out to EZ.

"You guys okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Your brother didn't come home."

EZ didn't reply as quickly as he had before, he cursed his older brother as his eyes scanned the lot.

"He should be on his way to you now. He's not here but hasn't been gone long. Need anything?"

"No. Thanks. Talk soon xo."

Sipping her coffee, Zara watched Rei and Riz as they played alongside each other and the sky finally began to turn pink.

When Angel stepped through the front door without his bike announcing him, Zara turned from annoyed to suspicious. She didn't immediately open her mouth, watching as he crouched down to greet the kids. It almost washed her anger away to see the way they smiled up at him, eager for cuddles, but nothing could save him from her wrath.

"Morning," she said coolly as he approached her.

He nodded. "Morning. You guys are up early."

"You'd know this is a theme with them if you were home more," she hissed.

"Z," he groaned.

"Don't Z me," she snapped. "Where were you? Why didn't I hear you pull up?"

"I didn't wanna wake em'," he explained, "I walked up."

Z scoffed, looking away from him, and focused on her coffee rather than her husband. Even when he tried to make conversation, she refused to even glance in his direction.

"I'm grabbing lunch with Bastian," she announced suddenly, "It's getting to be that time."

"You're going back to work?" He asked dubiously.

Rolling her eyes again, Zara stood up from the table. "Yes, I am. We have shit to handle to with and, honestly, I need to get out of this fucking house. I need to speak to other adults. Do more than feed, dress, and bathe the babies. As much as I love to wipe shitty butts and snotty noses I need to be a human and we need to get away from him."