"Stand up-" Jo reached down and grabbed the boy's arm to help him up. He was young- younger than Jo thought the Rebel Alliance recruited. "Just be careful, yeah? We're all trying to have a good time, not lose a tooth... or an eye." She gave him a smile. The dazed boy nodded at the beautiful Princess before he turned back to his friends. 

"Are you sure you aren't the Princess?" Lando bent down to whisper in Jo's ear. 

She smiled and looked up at him. "Definitely." She dropped a wink before she left his side to try and find Han in the mess. 

Every time Jo thought she was getting close to Han, someone else pulled him away before she could reach him. It went on several different times before Jo became exhausted from having to squeeze through the thick, partying crowd. Just when she was about to give up, she spotted Han by the refreshment table with Commander Willard and a few other lower-level Officers. She pushed some stray hairs back from her face as she approached the boys. 

"Commander Willard." Jo nodded at her old friend. 

He turned to her with cheeks cherry red from the contents of his drink. "Ah, Princess, we were just talking about your heroic actions... putting yourself in danger to save one of our best fighters? You are exactly who the Rebel Alliance needs to look up to. Your light..." Willard paused as he hiccupped. 

Jo's eyes rose as she looked from the Commander to Han. 

"He's been... indulging a bit in the festivities." Han laughed with rosy cheeks. 

"Just him?" She raised an amused brow. Han shrugged his shoulders innocently which made Jo smile. "Well, sorry to break up the welcoming party, but Captain Solo has to get checked up after being in the carbonite for so long." She gave an excuse that she hoped the others wouldn't question. "Captain?" Jo looked up at Han expectantly. "Would you follow me?"

"Absolutely." Han patted Willard's shoulder as he kept his eyes on Jo. 

She led him through the thick of the party, and thankfully no one stopped them before they broke out into the empty hallways. 

When they were alone, Jo grabbed Han and pulled him towards the chambers instead of towards the med bay. 

"Hey, I thought we were going to get me checked out." Han smirked as he let her pull him through the many hallways. "I had to leave my own party for this?" Jo pushed the button to open her chamber's doors. When they were both inside and the door closed, Jo turned and pulled Han against her. Her free hand wrapped around his neck as a slow smile crept onto her plump, pink lips. "I think I like this party more..." Han whispered as his arms snaked around Jo's waist. 

"Yeah?" Jo looked between Han's bright eyes as they fluttered shut. Just as they closed, his lips touched hers. 

Jo closed her eyes as she fully indulged in the wondrous moment. Though she was in a coma for most of Han's separation, she still felt awake. She knew the entire time she was under that something was missing, and now... she finally had it back. She had him back.

The kiss started out slow, painstakingly slow, but neither could hold back for long as Han pressed his hands heavily into Jo's back. With her body flush against his, she wrapped her other arm around Han's neck and pressed into him. Han had to bend over to kiss her and the force caused Jo's back to bend until Han was holding her up. 

"Why- now-" Han asked in between hot kisses. "Why don't you- care about- your duties- now?" 

Jo pulled just far enough away to look into Han's beautiful eyes. Their heavy breaths mingled between them but they refused to pull away any more than they absolutely had to. "I know what it feels like to be without you, Han Solo..." She reached a hand up and lovingly stroked a piece of his hair back. "Treason be damned, I'm going to kiss you." Han gave a hearty chuckle as he picked Jo up bridal style and carried her over to her bed.