Chapter Eleven: The Morning After

Începe de la început

Preston has been texting me since seven in the morning and it was now noon. He kept asking where I was and if I was going to come help in the bar because the crowd was 'too much to handle'. Since today was Saturday, it meant the bar was usually crowded. People from my pack all came down on Friday, Saturdays and Sundays and they all drank the night away until they couldn't remember they grew nails and fur.

Nodding, Lara gave me a small smile, "Thank you again for helping me yesterday"

"Don't worry about it" I said, "What do you remember about last night?"

Though Riley told me she would have a little bit of memory loss and most likely wouldn't remember small details, I knew it wouldn't hurt to try. If there was a chance that she saw me pick her up, I needed to know. That way I'll be ready to think up answers to questions I was sure was going to be difficult.

She slowly put down the spoon and went quiet. She stared at the wooden table and bit her lip. She looked like she was deep in thought and I wondered what was running through her head. It looked like the gears were turning.

"The only thing I remember was running and then I saw this black wolf staring me down. I will never forget those bloody eyes then everything went black" Lara explained, rubbing her hands up and down her arms.

I leaned forward and stared into her eyes. I could hear her heart as the beat increased. She was terrified and I wanted to make her know she had nothing to be scared about, except I knew no matter how many times I comforted her, it wouldn't be enough.

"I can't explain what I'm feeling but I'm terrified to be alone now. It's like I can't walk by myself without the feeling of someone watching me or the thought that something is going to jump out and attack me" A single tear escaped her eye and fell down her cheek.

Reaching forward, I dried the tear before it fell off her cheek, "I won't let anything happen to you sweetheart"

Giving me a sad smile, she shook her head and wiped her eyes, "I can't get that feeling of feeling weak out of my head"

Shaking my own head, I reached forward and placed my hands on her cheeks, "You are not weak Lara. You're the strongest person I've ever met and I don't want to hear those words again"

Rolling her eyes, her cheeks reddened, "You're just saying that because you're trying to get in my pants"

"Though that would be amazing" I joked, "I'm being serious Lara, you really are an incredible, strong woman. I mean that as a friend"

Smiling, Lara's eyes stared deep into mine and I was instantly lost by them. The bright hazel color captured my attention and made me forget what was even happening. Her pink, plump lips slightly opened as she stared deep into my eyes, almost like a silent gasp was escaping.

I lifted up my hand and reached forward to run my hand down her smooth black hair. The moment my hand touched her, her eyes shut and she leaned closer towards me. I gulped as my heart beat faster in my chest. Though I've had several hookups in the past, I've never felt this way towards anyone before.

The feeling of want and love mixed together was not something I ever felt towards a girl before other than my mother and sister. Except, as I stared deep into her eyes, I knew I was done for.

Leaning forward, I slowly placed my lips against hers ever so slightly. I heard a slight intake of her breath as she stayed perfectly still, her eyes still shut. I held back a growl at the feeling of how smooth her lips were. Even though they were barely touching, I could tell how perfectly they would fit together.

I was about to lean in closer and press our lips together when the ring of my phone echoed throughout the kitchen, interrupting us.

So fucking close.