1. The Announcement

Start from the beginning

Buzz coughed to get attention from the crowd; the crowd was silent at once. "Whilst I have fought hard to make Skylands the place it is today," he began, looking down to some of the front viewers in the crowd. He then continued, adding in, "believe me, I tried," to which there was a short laugh. "You have been gathered here for a reason." He said solemnly, looking back towards Flynn and to some of the Skylanders who stood beyond them. With this, there were some murmurs from the crowd in concern. "Do not be alarmed," he quickly added in, "though it would be fine if you were," he paused, "I am afraid to break it to you all that I am retiring." He announced. Louder discussions began in the audience with mixed tones.

"I know. I know. Yes, I know what you're all thinking!" He shouted, recapturing the audience's interest. "You think that Skylands will be less safe without me protecting it!" He declared. He took a pause where nobody dared talk. "But you'd be wrong." He said in a quieter tone. "For I also announce who will be taking over my position here at the Academy and who has almost as good of a shot at protecting Skylands as I do," he explained joyously. He then began to turn himself to point towards someone behind him.

"Flynn."

Flynn's eyes widened. "Uh, wha-" He began before Cali and Tessa began to push him forward. Whilst he hadn't been keeping up with every single word, he knew that he was being awarded something, so, being Flynn, he moved forward and shook Buzz's hand, proclaiming loudly, "Thank you! You couldn't have picked anyone better!" He then proceeded to create his signature move and shouted "Boom!" Across to the whole crowd who laughed nervously in response. Once Buzz had gained his hand back from Flynn, he began to clap which initiated the clapping throughout the audience. Buzz leaned closer to Flynn.

"Don't mess this up."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not everybody attended this occasion, however. Within the Academy itself, was still Hugo. Hugo was a loyal figure to Master Eon, who he considered his hero. Whilst he hadn't - as such - officially become Eon's secretary, he liked to think of himself as such and often voiced his concerns to him if the time called for it. Especially when sheep were involved. Unfortunately, Buzz wasn't the only legendary hero retiring. For Master Eon, the legendary portal master who had been fighting against the darkness for many years, was missing. Whilst he was separated from his physical body after the original destruction of the Core of Light 6 years before, he managed to escape death in the form of a spirit and still managed to save Skylands countless times beyond his "death". However, Eon had gone quiet; in fact, it wasn't long after Kaos' final defeat that Master Eon had last appeared.

"Hugo!" Said a deep voice behind him. Hugo, who was busy adjusting one of the Academy's portals, crawled up and cried out, "Master Eon!?" In disbelief and joy. To his disappointment, when he completed his 180° spin, he found it was not Master Eon. He frowned and returned to his business.

"Why aren't you out there?" The tree stump creature queried as he stumbled through towards Hugo. Hugo didn't respond to Stump Smash; he was busy. After a short break in speech, he continued, "Think Buzz is barkin' up the wrong tree asking Flynn to take over." He observed as he watched Hugo work away repeating the same trick over and over on the portal.

"I hate trolls." Stump growled as he glared out of the window at the group of five trolls attending the announcement. He glanced back over at Hugo, but he didn't seem to care and so he wandered off deeper into the Academy. He wasn't sure what he intended to find, but if Hugo didn't want to talk, then it wasn't worth trying.

"Howdy, stranger!" Mags, the local crazy inventor who claims to be the one built the Academy, cried as she jumped out behind a corner and pulled Stump Smash into her workshop. Stump Smash, in shock of this sudden turn of events, couldn't help but just stare at what was now before him.

"W-What is this?" He asked, stumbling into a seat.

"It is none other than the newly created device, made by me, called 'Stump Smash 2.08'!" She cried, quickly pressing a big red button on her remote control to active it. The machine itself was a shiny version of Stump Smash, who's eyes immediately glowed yellow beyond the pressing of the button.

"STUMp SmAssss-" The robot began, though - upon trying to place a foot forward - its left arm (or hammer) fell off before smoke began coming from its head.

"A minor technical difficulties, I must say, but I will get this all sorted in a jiffy!" Mags continued, pushing Stump Smash out of the room suddenly. Stump Smash grunted before going about his walk through the Academy. As can be seen, everything in Skylands was changing. And it was all for good...right?

Kaos lay awake. His 'prison for the past millennia' - as he described it - had been shaded by the bodies who were standing by it. He growled and tried to sleep. It was no use; he was too darn angry. He created an orb of darkness and flung it across the prison in rage, only to remember a split second later his mistake. Within an instant, he was stunned on the floor. "I will get out of here, just you wait!" He cried, folding his arms in misery. "JUST YOU WAIIIIIT!" He cried out, though nobody was listening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's notes:

Why hello! You have reached the end of this passage which I call Chapter 1. I hope you've enjoyed it; it has taken a few months to finish but I think I'm happier with it now than I was back then. Do I dare say that I have developed as a writer within the last 6ish months? I do. Thank you to a magical person over on Skylanders Amino for assisting me with this chapter of the story; the advice helped me improve it, and I am excited to continue with the story's production. If you have any suggestions for characters or places that I can visit in the story, please suggest them. Any criticism is accepted; it really does help!! Thanks for reading again and baiiiiii.
Do not forget to comment because comments are lovely.