The Downfall & The Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"Jojo, MG," she greeted the two students and sat down on the table, crossing her legs. Josie smiled widely, leaned forward and didn't hesitate to share a little kiss. They were very comfortable in public by now. "What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing really," Josie shrugged her shoulders and closed the book in her hand. "It's such a quiet day. It's almost scary."

"Speak for yourself," MG interjected. "It's never a boring day when Wally West is involved," he continued, earning a confused look from both witches. "The Flash?"

"Right," Penelope chuckled. "I forgot that your bar for entertainment stopped rising at age six."

Josie couldn't help but grin watching the two of them banter.

"It's not just entertainment, Peez," the young vampire resumed seriously. "The purpose of superheroes goes way beyond that-"

"I'm sorry, MG. Did I give you the false impression that I was interested in your juvenile obsession with humans who have inferiority complexes?" Penelope shot back playfully.

"You have no idea what you're missing out on," MG scoffed but saw Lizzie walking by, immediately getting up from the couch to follow the blonde twin without saying another word. Penelope simply shook her head, but then noticed her girlfriend scooting forward on the sofa.

"If I'm doing nothing," Josie said quietly, locking eyes with the hazel ones. "And you're doing nothing. Why don't we do nothing together," the brunette suggested, and Penelope's eyebrow kinked instantly. She understood what her girlfriend was proposing. That part of their relationship worked just as well as the rest of it and seeing Josie become more confident with her sexuality was rewarding to watch.

They didn't need to say anything else. Walking off hand in hand, Josie's room was closest, and Lizzie had just gone downstairs. Using a spell, they locked the door before Penelope sat down on the edge of the bed. Josie straddled Penelope's lap, their lips meeting in a longing kiss. With their bodies pressed up against each other, the shorter girl could feel every inch of Josie. Penelope grabbed the twin almost desperately.

It was probably the worst time to think about it, but Penelope's emotions took over. She couldn't shut down the part of her that feared for Josie's life. Grasping the fabric of Josie's sweater, Penelope almost ripped it, trying to hold on as best as she could. Her throat felt like it was on fire, the sensation of tears welling up in her eyes all hit her at once.

Her despair didn't go unnoticed and Josie pulled away, sensing that something was wrong. Once she saw how distraught Penelope looked, Josie was alarmed.

"What happened? Are you okay?" The concerned voice asked immediately.

"Yeah, sure," Penelope answered, her voice cracking midway, making her words even less believable.

"You're shaking," Josie noticed the tremble in her girlfriend's fingers. "What is it, Penelope? Let me help you," despair took over.

Seeing how much Josie cared only made things worse for Penelope. She was reminded that she couldn't have this forever. Not unless something drastically changed. The first tear rolled down her cheek involuntarily. The big, brown eyes that Penelope wanted to drown in every time emanated so much warmth and affection, causing a few more tears to fall. She couldn't recall crying in front of someone, ever.

Josie wiped the tears without hesitation, kissing Penelope's cheek afterwards. The pain and agony in Penelope's hazel eyes was excruciating to see. Although she had no idea why, it was blatantly obvious Penelope was dealing with some heavy emotional turmoil. The brunette wanted to keep asking, but it was just as obvious that the other witch was too overwhelmed at the moment.