Chapter 2

Mason DuVall P.O.V

I yawn stopping my alarm. It was 5:30 in the morning and it usually took me fifteen minutes to get up and ready for my morning run. So my 5:45 I'll be walking out the house heading to the running trail which is ten minutes from here. By 5:55 I'd be stretching and at 6 on the dot I'd be running. I never miss a morning, unless I'm sick, had a long night, or feel like staying in. I walk into the bathroom to take a quick shower and brush my teeth. Can't be running with a nasty mouth.

I step out the bathroom fully dressed. I grab my headphones, phone, and keys. On my way out the house I stop in the kitchen and grab a water bottle. The drive to the running trail was usually a quiet one for me. My phone started to ring. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion because no one ever calls me this early. I pick up the phone to see Tessa's picture pop up. She's never up this early so why is she calling? I decide not to answer until I'm out of the car. I don't need any accidents happening.

When I pull up to the trail I was shocked. I was not expecting to see Tessa standing there in workout clothes. I park and get out of the car leaving everything in the car, but my iPod and headphones.

"Good morning babe." Tessa chirped happily. I raised my eyebrow in questioning.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Tessa as I begin to stretch.

"I thought I could run with you today. I gained a couple of pounds and what better way to lose them then by working out." She said. I simply nodded. I didn't want to get into it with her. I checked the time to see it was 6 in the dot so I stated jogging.

My mind drifted to Abigail. I wondered if I'd see her today. But then I remembered she has to take it easy for a few days. I wonder what school she goes to. Then I thought about Alexis pretty self. I smiled thinking about how much fun we had. I felt my headphones being pulled out of my ears.

"What the hell?"

"I was talking to you." Tessa snapped. Hell I forgot she was even here. I like to listen to my music and think when I run not talk.

"What did you say?"

"How long do we have to run?"

"I have to run four miles." I said.

"Four miles?!" She shrieked.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'. And that's when the complaining started. I sighed in frustration and put my headphones back in. The more I seen her mouth moving the faster I went until I finally left her behind me trying to catch up.

○○○○○○

It was now 8 and I was stepping out of the shower. I had came home from my run and needed another shower before I left for school. My first class wasn't until 9 so I had enough time. Tessa gave up running and said she was leaving, but she'd meet me at school.

When I pulled up onto the school campus I found a spot and got out. I grabbed my backpack and practice bag from the trunk and slung it over my shoulders. I closed the trunk and hit the lock button on my key chain.

"You're looking mighty fancy." A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Abigail and she looked good. The shorts she wore hugged her curves just right. That ass of hers would put you to shame.

"Mason it's not polite to drool." She smirks. I clear my throat.

"I wasn't drooling." I denied.

"Sure you weren't." She said handing me a Wet One.

"You got a little something." She laughed pointing to the corner of my lip. I laughed wiping it.

"I still wasn't drooling."