IA - 2005 (First Semester)

I was wearing white spaghetti strap top tucked in maong pants, white belt and black & white open toe sandals with low heels.
I am already a freshman and I have prepared myself that this is really different from high school life.
Entering the University's gate...

"Miss, san ang party?"
I just smiled.

"Bawal 'yan dito."
The guard said while pointing my top and footwear.

"Di ko po alam, Kuya eh."

Good thing he let me in. I did not want to go back home and change my outfit and of course, who wanted to be late on your first day in College.
Searched for my classroom, there were few students pa lang inside. Chose a vacant seat and just observed my classmates coming in while waiting for our Professor. I noticed they were all wearing the usual, pants and shirt.
Then there was this girl who's somehow attention grabbing because yeah, she is pretty, mestiza type and she's wearing a see through top.

"Is this seat taken?"
She asked, pointing the one beside me.

"Not yet."

"I will be sitting here, I'll just go to the restroom."
She said and smiled.

"OKay."
I simply answered.

Another girl entered our classroom and placed her bag sa upuan sa tabi ko.

"May nakaupo na diyan."
Maayos kong pagkakasabi.

"Ai, OKay."
She got her bag and looked for other seat.

Bumalik na yung pretty, mestiza type at nakasee through top na girl and umupo na sa tabi ko.

"Thanks ah. Denice by the way."
She said.

"Welcome. I'm Bea."
I answered smiling.

Right then and there, we clicked. We exchanged questions like from what school we went to in high school, etc.

----------------------

My 1st few days as a freshman's going smooth. So far, so good. Of course, Denice already became a friend. Plus the girl na 'pinaalis ko raw sa tabi ko nung 1st day of school' according to her, she's my buddy na rin 'cause we found out she lives near our subdivision that is why sabay kami most of the time. She's Kat.
After our last class for today, we needed to go to the other building for our University IDentification Card. I was with Kat and Therese. Going there, may nakasalubong kaming three guys. We exchanged nods and raising both eyebrows.

"They are our classmates, right?"

"Yeah, they're always together and mukha silang makukulit."

Weeks passed. We kinda already formed a circle.
Denice, Therese, the 3 guys namely, Jolo, Van & Thirdy, Deanna and I. Actually there are others pa, our group is kinda big.

Typical teenagers who talk about studies, friendship and of course lovelife.

Let me tell you something about my friends 1st:
Denice - confident, vocal, talented, family-oriented
Therese - kinda conservative, sings well, intelligent, kind
Jolo - shy type, seldom talks but has a sense of humor
Van - talkative, naughty, has a good sense of humor
Thirdy - quiet type, kinda reserved and mysterious
Deanna - member of LGBTQ, woMAN for others, can sing and play guitar
Kat - has a lot of stories to tell, loves going out

It has been a month and yeah, I could really tell that the circle already turned into friendship. We just don't talk while waiting for our Profs.
Whenever we have long breaks or vacant periods, either we all go together or wait for each other, usually either at the Univ's cafeteria or cafes nearby. The talks are becoming more comfortable and somehow deeper.

"What's your quiz score?"
Therese asked me.

"20."

"Got 19. Sayang perfect din sana ko, knew the answer eh I just really forgot it."
She said frustrated, she's fine though. She's really like that and we are already used to it.

"You're so competitive, Bes."
Deanna teased.

"E di kayo na ni Bea yung magBFF na matalino."
The chillax Deanna when it comes to studies said.

"E how 'bout yung 1st day of school but parang aattend ng party?"
Still Deanna.

"Yeah, was supposed to sit beside Bea that time but pinaalis niya ko because of Denice."
Kat joked.

"Ui grabe ka, nauna naman kasi talaga siya."

"Yes, thanks Neng."
Denice said with all smiles.

"There, nagkasundo ang dalawang kikay."
Deanna again.

Denice and I just winked at each other.

"Yeah, I remember di mo talaga mapipigilan na mapatingin kay Denice non."
Here comes the naughty Van.

"Crush nga siya ni Thirdy eh."
He continued.

Thirdy was about to protest to defend himself but he preferred to let out a giggle instead.