Unwanted House Guest

Summary: What if Cordelia had been there in that episode when Dawn accidentally made a wish to Halfrek that no one would ever leave her, which Halfrek obviously granted? What will happen? Will the house demon kill or hurt someone? Will everyone live? Read to find out.

It was a beautiful day. Anya was taking inventory in the Magik Box. Xander, Willow, Anya, and Dawn were the only ones there.

While Anya, Xander, and Willow were busy, Dawn stole a crystal necklace from on top of the front counter, slipping it into her backpack.

The next day at school, she was called down to the councilor's office. Her and the unfamiliar, female councilor spoke. Towards the end, Dawn said that she wished no one would ever leave her again.

Later that day, everyone found they couldn't leave the house.

That night, when everyone was in the kitchen, there was a knock on the door.

Buffy answered it.

"If you come in you won't be able to leave. We're having a problem here," Buffy warned the brunette.

"I'll help. Fill me in," Cordelia Chase replied, walking in, figuring that was as much of an invitation as any.

Everyone looked up as she walked in.

"Well, if it isn't the bitch of this town," Anya commented.

Cordy wanted to ignore her comment, but something within her stirred and she had to reply back. "Anya, shut up."

For once, Anya did shut up.

"Cordy," Xander said.

"Welcome home, Cordelia," Willow said.

Cordy smiled at Willow in thanks for the warm welcome. She then looked at Xander for a minute before sitting down between Dawn and Anya.

Everyone filled her in on what was happening and Cordy got an idea. She knew from Angel and the others that Dawn was always the troublemaker.

She looked at Dawn.

"Let's go upstairs, Dawn. You guys try and find out what's causing the problem and how we fix it," she said.

Dawn and Cordelia walked into the room.

"So, what's going on?" Dawn asked her. She had never met her before.

"I'm Cordelia Chase. Xander's ex-girlfriend. Right now, I'm a Seer. That means I have visions of what's happening or going to happen. I also have some senses that I didn't have before. They tell me when something is wrong and when someone is lying to me or not. May I take a look at your stuff?" she said.

Cordelia wasn't like Anya that would just barge in and start searching in other people's things without permission when she knew something was up. Cordelia would simply ask or drop a hint or two.

"I guess," Dawn replied.

Dawn watched from the doorway as Cordelia looked for anything that could be a clue to what was going on.

When she didn't find anything, Cordelia walked up to her.

"Dawn, can I ask you something?" she asked Dawnie.

"Sure."

"Did you maybe make a wish? It's not really your fault if you did. You didn't know you were doing it, probably. I mean, I made one to Anya once. I didn't even know I was doing it until I saw her face and then everything changed."

"I guess I did. I don't know."

"Tell me."

So Dawnie told Cordy everything.

They soon got rid of the house demon and Anya got Halfrek to reverse the wish. So everybody lived happily ever after with Cordy going back home.