My family was tired of making me understand but how could I tell them the real happiness of my untold love.

Finally, I got my transfer to another city, a year later, there was a huge party thrown by the principal on the occasion of his retirement, which includes well-known people from the whole city.

Just then, I noticed a handsome guy standing with people in a grey tuxedo with gelled hair and a charming look, my wandering eyes from the year felt like finally find their solace, my heart stopped beating for a moment, just then calming my curiosity, principal sir said,

"So, you are the famous cardiologist Dr Neil Khanna"

He shook hands with the principal sir and slightly smiled at me formally, well known that he couldn't recognize me, but I smiled confidently and asked him, "pehchana nahi kya, Dr Khanna?"

Neil looked up at me with puzzled eyes, he was not able to remember where he saw me. I also left him in suspense. Later on, I got busy talking with my colleagues too and left before the party ends.

The very next morning, I got a call from an unknown number and after attending the call, he was known to be Neil, I kept wondering where did he got my number, but then I shrugged it off.

He uttered with a prank, "Pehchan Gaya madam, wo cycle wali ladki... Avni"
After a brief chat, managing the time of both it was decided to meet in the famous Cafeteria in the evening.

We met after the whole 8 years, both had many things to converse about them.

After seeing me, he spoke astonishingly, "Pehchanta kese, tum itni khubsurat Jo ho gayi ho.
Pehle tum bohot sharmili thi aur ab thodi si shararti " His soothing words were watering my insatiable mind and soul.

There were many questions from him, "medical line se sidha teaching mein kese as gyi?, Shaadi Kyu nahi ki ab tak? , Itne saalo mujhse baat kyun nahi ki?"

He was continuously questioning, but I haven't even had a single answer to any of the questions! How I could tell him that, I never considered myself worthy of him, but was still sitting fasting on his name.

He was married and had a daughter named Kiya.
"Alisha Tumse milkar bohot khush hogi, tum Sunday ki subah Ghar par hi aa jao " saying this, Neil insisted on coming home.

On hearing of Neil's marriage, it was heartbreaking news for me, but I didn't expect any such news for him so, for me, the happiness of meeting him was more.

On Sunday morning, I wore my favourite pearl pink chiffon saree covered with tiny stars on the border and matching long earrings with open curled hair.

Even after knowing about Neil's marriage, my desire to look beautiful in front of him never faded away.

After getting dressed up, and taking the bouquet of red roses and gifts for Kiya and Alisha, I visited Neil's house.

I was welcomed by Alisha with affinity.
After little snacks and tea, talks went on for a long time, then I decided to take a leave from there and Neil came to leave me till his door.

Their bunches of flowers were strewn from the lavender tree,
We were quite comfortable with each other in the second meeting itself.

Suddenly he spoke frankly, "Tum mere liye bouquet layi thi na, ye lo tumhara return gift ", saying this he picked up lavender flowers that were spread on the floor and put them on my palm.

I stayed still by the feel of his one-touch,

At that moment, it felt like he touched my whole existence. I felt breathless for a moment,

I stared at him, his old memories from childhood until now were melting in my eyes. His eyes stayed on my face, he kept staring at me, and at that moment, he got to know everything by staring at my wet eyes.

I got to know my love was never untold.

I bent my eyelids. We both were silent only the beating of hearts was audible there.

For the first and last time, we both felt the little and wet fragrance of love.

In that instant, the emptiness of my life was filled with pain, with the lavender smell and the feeling of his touch.

"Is it just me, or untold love hurts more than the unrequited love"

"ना जाने किस तरह का इश्क़ कर रहे हैं हम, जिसके हो नहीं सकते उसकी वफा पे मर रहे है हम ~"